diy solar

diy solar

Neey 10A balancer red LED flashing?

AshleyL

Solar Enthusiast
Continuing my adventure of active balancing from here on 7 December 2023 https://diysolarforum.com/threads/n...ded-on-wiring-no-b-pin-new-model-maybe.74332/

For unknown reason out of nowhere, the Neey balancer suddenly started to beep non stop with red LED flashing and I have to disconnect it from my battery pack. I tried to reconnect it back and same thing happened. Took out multimeter and measured all the wires voltage, everything is fine.

Since the custom lost my 24v adaptor, I had to purchase a new adaptor myself. To my dismay, even with only adaptor connected to the Neey balancer as seen in my uploaded video, same issue. What happened? I set the neey to start balance at 6A at 3.41V and stop at 3.40V. Any idea what went wrong here? I am using the balancer for less than 30 days here......

Attachments

• VID_20231231_h265.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
not a clue could not get mine to power up and have not had time to mess with it.
Err.....are you serious? Well, mine was working so well from 7 December 2023 until today 31 Dec 2023.......This is very unexpected if the balancer actually stopped functioning out of nowhere. My phone can detect the neey balancer bluetooth, but can't connect to it at all.

Err.....are you serious? Well, mine was working so well from 7 December 2023 until today 31 Dec 2023.......This is very unexpected if the balancer actually stopped functioning out of nowhere. My phone can detect the neey balancer bluetooth, but can't connect to it at all.
mine was wired properly and bluetooth would not connect from the start, red flashing light.... My BMS's (daly will not connect if the GPS n the Phone is disabled. I was thinking the neely might do the same. It unfortunately was not the issue as my BMS was connecting no issues.

mine was wired properly and bluetooth would not connect from the start, red flashing light.... My BMS's (daly will not connect if the GPS n the Phone is disabled. I was thinking the neely might do the same. It unfortunately was not the issue as my BMS was connecting no issues.
☹️ .......weird, your description exactly same like mine. According to :

S9782e05735204fbdb131ba5483c4ff5cX.jpg

Supposely the flashing red LED is battery detection failed. But my multimeter at the connectors indicated all voltages are fine?

so when you connect it to the battery bank - it is giving same error? three beeps and flashes?
Yes, exactly the same 3 beeps and red flashes.
The connector from B- to B16+ from my 16 cells are showing the correct voltage from my multimeter measurement. I don't understand why this issue occurred out of nowhere.

Just to be sure, I connected it to my backup 4 cells and 24v power adaptors since Neey 10A model required at least 24V for operation. Yet the same 3 beeps and red flashes.

Edit:
I just realised I don't need to connect the power adaptor because Neey 10A model can run with 4cells (12v)........and no luck.....

Last edited:
mine is at my cabin which I will not see until after the first. i was planing on screwing with it a bit to try and figure it out. now you got me wondering if it was toast out of the box... i ordered direct from china and they did not send an english manual and I have not had time to deal with them yet...

mine is at my cabin which I will not see until after the first. i was planing on screwing with it a bit to try and figure it out. now you got me wondering if it was toast out of the box... i ordered direct from china and they did not send an english manual and I have not had time to deal with them yet...
Aw man, do we get lemon unit? Or is there any change in the bill of material used in the later unit?

I will consult Hankzor at aliexpress about my issue. Only less than one month of usage and the unit is faulty? This doesn't seem to bode well........

Aw man, do we get lemon unit? Or is there any change in the bill of material used in the later unit?

I will consult Hankzor at aliexpress about my issue. Only less than one month of usage and the unit is faulty? This doesn't seem to bode well........
thats where i bought mine as well.

Huh? You didn't bother to get a refund or ask Hankzor about the problem? Why? Now I am intrigued......:whistle:
sorry working damn near 24-7 for the last 2 months. if not working, then sleeping. its the end of the year and I have contracts with the government that have to be finished by a certain date. the loss of less than 1k does not concern me at the moment as my contracts are worth a heck of a lot more. over 1k and i will pay somebody else to handle the problem tossed my way, but this is 90% hobby play thing...

also this was just shoot 6 weeks ago the last time i spent time at the cabin for more than a couple of hours (my wharehouse is next to my cabin so i sometimes go there for parts, but do not have time to dink with stuff.

sorry working damn near 24-7 for the last 2 months. if not working, then sleeping. its the end of the year and I have contracts with the government that have to be finished by a certain date. the loss of less than 1k does not concern me at the moment as my contracts are worth a heck of a lot more. over 1k and i will pay somebody else to handle the problem tossed my way, but this is 90% hobby play thing...
For me, the price of that Neey 10A is like 35% of my monthly salary after currency conversion ☹️ .........I gonna get it fixed one way or another......as you said, it ain't easy to make money in Singapore with its high cost of living.

For me, the price of that Neey 10A is like 35% of my monthly salary after currency conversion ☹️ .........I gonna get it fixed one way or another......as you said, it ain't easy to make money in Singapore with its high cost of living.
trust me I am at an age where its a lesson but not a crippling one. not making fun or anybody, 15 or 20 years ago i would have paddled an kayak across the china sea and throat punched the people involved for a heck of a lot less... just work now makes enough that its more important then some of the annoyances that crop up in life.

BTW i bought three of them, only opened one so far and hooked it up according to a very popular YT channel that reviewed it, as mine did not have a english manual. that is also why I took the chance on three of them.... it could be that its garbage to begin with and owner fo that particular garage based YT channel who is pushing it hard gets a commission so ignores it.... who knows?

You need to configure a new NEEY balancer. Even if it is flashing red you should be able to connect and adjust the settings to match your battery.

You need to configure a new NEEY balancer. Even if it is flashing red you should be able to connect and adjust the settings to match your battery.
It already been configured, plus I can't connect my phones to the balancer via bluetooth successfully when it was working fine before.

Update:
For unknown reason, I connected the balancer to my 16s battery this morning and everything works again. Perfect bluetooth connection. Tried with my 4s battery too and everything seems to work normally again.
I wonder what went wrong yesterday?:unsure:

Back