diy solar

diy solar

Neey 4th Gen 4A Active Balancer Settings

Henderson

Solar Enthusiast
Hi all, I'm wondering what's the recommended settings for the Neey 4a active balancer 4th gen, in terms of settings to turn on or off balancing. I'm using lifepo4 cells 16S. I intend to have my BMS low voltage disconnect at 3v and the high voltage disconnect at 3.45v.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

It all depends on how much time is spent around 3.45 (absorption) and how much they need to get a good balance. EqualizationVol setting 3.41 to 3.44 range. If 3.44 isn’t doing it, lower till it does.

3.45 seems low. May as well have the NEEY come on at 3.35 or even full time.
What is the charging voltage?

Hopefully op meant bulk, full, absorb or end of charge at 3.45 . That’s 55.2 for 16S and that happens to be what I use. It’s well above the knee and going higher gains little in capacity. As others have said the bms protection needs to be higher. I’ve just left the protection at 3.65 high cell and 58 for the pack.

From a review I posted on Amazon over a year ago, yes the info from the manufacturer is poor;

There’s a new app for IPhone that allows the
"StartequalizationVol"feature. It has a new
title in the app store"GeeWe BMS" If you
have the old app on the phone you need to
delete and replace, don't update it with the
new one. To change the installed app to
English, open the app, click on the three
dots, then the gear, then the lower line of
chicken scratch, now the circle/English.
Restart the phone and it should now be in
English. To begin: open the app, tap the
three Lines, tap scan, tap on the results/
model on the top left. Now you are ready to
fill out the settings if you have it wired
correctly. When done, tap run and it will go
through testing before running/or till
parameters you set are in range to balance.
If you have the older version balancer, the StartequaliztionVol line simply won’t take.

Hi Guys, need small advice from this forum.

Just received from Amy a 2pcs diy kit, 304ah battery, and Neey 4a active balancer 4th gen.
What settings do I need to put in the software?

Received from Amy Wan info below, but I see that you guys have different numbers.

Thanks in advance for your input.

2529CBE8AF641B53C9D42AD7343A0B0D (1).jpg
Also, I see that Andy Off-Grid Garage goes with sleep 3,45v and Equa 3,475v

The run and stop voltages need to be set to higher values to take advantage of the bms’s feature. Notice that the run voltage is always higher than the stop. Personally I’d set the run at something like 3.425 and the stop at 3.420 volts. I think Andy now likes to run/start at 4.450. Could you please post the name of the new app title and a picture of the IOS QR code? They have changed the name again and I have tried to hunt it down and guess to no avail. What kind of bms are you going to use with this battery? Thanks

my setting for my neey are :

start : 3.45
stop : 3.40

doesnt make sense to start balancing before the knee, and as close to your total charge voltage as possible
i charge to 3.5 , and my bms limits current to 10A at 99% full charge, there for these setting compliment each other

The run and stop voltages need to be set to higher values to take advantage of the bms’s feature. Notice that the run voltage is always higher than the stop. Personally I’d set the run at something like 3.425 and the stop at 3.420 volts. I think Andy now likes to run/start at 4.450. Could you please post the name of the new app title and a picture of the IOS QR code? They have changed the name again and I have tried to hunt it down and guess to no avail. What kind of bms are you going to use with this battery? Thanks
https://github.com/NEEY-electronic/NEEY-electronic/blob/main/NEEY_V1.1_2021-09-10.apk

the app comes from this page above
bms 2,0 seplos 200a

neey doesn't have QR code

my setting for my neey are :

start : 3.45
stop : 3.40

doesnt make sense to start balancing before the knee, and as close to your total charge voltage as possible
i charge to 3.5 , and my bms limits current to 10A at 99% full charge, there for these setting compliment each other
Amy sent totally strange info for me and compare what you guys post here

They said that it only requires to set the parameters in ⭕

2529CBE8AF641B53C9D42AD7343A0B0D (2).jpg

https://github.com/NEEY-electronic/NEEY-electronic/blob/main/NEEY_V1.1_2021-09-10.apk

the app comes from this page above
bms 2,0 seplos 200a

neey doesn't have QR code
Ahh that makes sense, that fancy new bms. That git hub link doesn’t have IOS that works for the actual Neey smart balancer. I don’t need it, mine’s the old app for iOS and that works the last time I used it, but now I just use JK bms’s. Just looking for others, if my phone crashes or need it in the future.

Hi Gents,

Please need advice for the Lifepo4 forum expert.

I just purchase 4 pcs DIY box 16pcs EVE 304ah ,each with Seplos BMS v3

I see that these BSM have balancing parameters, my question is I still need to install Neey 4th active balancer or BSMv3 can do the job?
Need to change settings balancing parameter on BSM v3 and keep only Neey 4th active balancer?

With Seplos BSM V2 I have Neey 4th active balancer (Andy settings ) and all work fine.

this is from Seplos BSMV3
Seplos v3.JPG

Can anyone point me to where I can download the latest iOS app in English for the Neey gen 4 active balancer please? Thanks
i am also trying to find the software for the neey 4th gen active balancer when i use the scannner it sends me to github and says not found

i am also trying to find the software for the neey 4th gen active balancer when i use the scannner it sends me to github and says not found
Here you go for the IOS version

Back