diy solar

diy solar

Problem with neey 4th and Bms seplos 200ah v2.

jujuDIY

Hello guys!
I've a battery docan power 280ah 16s, and bms Seplos 200ah.
I used the classic Neey active balancer with program triggering at the end of the charge. But I bought the Neey 4th bluetooth EK-24S4EB, I programmed the balancer correctly. Start at 3.55volts and stop 3.35volts and also I tried start at 3.45v, when the Neey starts and I am charging, it pumps too much juice into a cell and feeds some cells which exceed 3v60/65 briefly, the bms faults and turns off to protect the battery. I get the error: monomer overvoltage protection, but above all monomer pressure, due to the voltage difference between the cells, when balancing is done during charging. Of course I immediately cut the neey 4th. What should I do? - cut off the pressure protection? -modify the high and low pressure voltage? -or use the balancer after the charge is 100% complete, because the balancing works very well when the battery is charged. I have the impression that the difference in voltage during charging is a problem with the BMS... I didn't have this problem with the classic Neey. Thank you for your help.

1000015741.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231024-224200.png
    Screenshot_20231024-224200.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20231024-224300.png
    Screenshot_20231024-224300.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 23
You balancing start should not be before 3.45v and balancing stop not below 3.40..

As of right now your cells are quite out of balance at their top.

It will help if you set your charge voltage lower to say 56v , so you give the balancer enough time to work..

At 98% SOC , and when using communication the BMS will instruct the charge to limit the charge current to 10a , helping the balancing even more

thank you for the information. I am going to modify the start and end of the balancer, the 16 cells had a top balance a week ago with a lab power supply, they are balanced. But the Neey 4th unbalances too much from one cell to another during the end of charging or the voltage difference is too big I think... I need to find my correct parameters in the BMS perhaps?

thank you for the information. I am going to modify the start and end of the balancer, the 16 cells had a top balance a week ago with a lab power supply, they are balanced. But the Neey 4th unbalances too much from one cell to another during the end of charging or the voltage difference is too big I think... I need to find my correct parameters in the BMS perhaps?
Your BMS default settings are fine ( imho).
The only thing I would change is the charge voltage

Did you get the issue sorted. I resorted to lowering the balance current down to 1 amps

Back