diy solar

diy solar

neutral/ ground bond

e67

This small load center is technically a sub panel to the 6000 XP....so its un bonded.....you can see I put a little ground bar on the side...
1- should that be touching the metal?
2- should I run a ground from this little bar to the house ground separate or can I splice it into the solar incoming ground that is in the 6000 XP?
but if I did that I would be effectively joining the bond again, no?
What do you think?

Attachments

• 20240705_111337.jpg
    20240705_111337.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 10
We could use a detailed diagram.

It sounds like you might be combining the house and the inverter bond. The subpanel cannot be a subpanel of two bonds at the same time.

If you are interlocking the house and the inverter supply to this panel, you almost certainly need to unbond your inverter.

I don't understand then, so a diagram would help.

I was suspecting that it's heading towards looping the inverter bond with a main panel bond in the house upstream of this, not a bond in this panel.

Are you connecting this to the grid input of the 6000? I took "subpanel of the XP" to mean that it's on the load side.

There can be only one ground system and only one N-G bond.

If you connect the 6000xp output to the house system then the house system bond is all you can have. You will need to disable the N-G bond in the 6000xp. They sometimes have a screw as well as a software controlled relay for this, check your manual.

If your output is connected to the house wiring then the ground is connected to the house ground. That ground gets extended to the solar panel frames and attaches to the metal shells of all equipment.

If you are being inspected you can't modify a box at all unless you are using their ground or neutral bar and there is a place to screw it.

diy solar

diy solar
Back