diy solar

diy solar

NEVER buy an all in one MPP ON Amazon!

• Thread starter Deleted member 1888
  • Start date
mine works as advertised.

What size do you have and what is the biggest inductive load you have tried.
Also what is the biggest resistive load you have tried?

Related question: How much headroom do I need on a high frequency inverter to run my 120VAC@1500W tea kettle?

Related question: How much headroom do I need on a high frequency inverter to run my 120VAC@1500W tea kettle?
A quality 2000w or higher will do it just fine, if you want to do more then aim for 3000-4000w.

This is the one I have and it ran my 1500w cooktop a box fan and my freezer at the same time, I use 2 awg wire on it so I never need to worry.

Context its a surge load within the specs of the inverter and it did not pull it, yea it did not die but it still will not get the job dune. You cant convince me that MPP are any good, I had one and it was bad.
Will likes them.
He uses them to charge his Tesla, and run his house.

they don’t handle everything though. I think a magnasine 6K or better is the way to go if large surge loads are expected.
if average loads in the sub 5K range are expected, they should suffice and are a bargain for the price.

Heck, the sunny boy 3000’s paired up are amazing inverters and are readily available for sub $3K...

You guys need inverter fridges. Virtually no start up spike needed. I run mine on a 300 watt inverter. Only gets just over a 100 watts on defrost otherwise it starts up at about 60 watts and slowly goes down from there. Samsung inverter fridges are awesome.

"At the time I did not know what the freezer was pulling I was speculating of the energy star rating."
planning/building a system that way is just a recipee for disaster and unsatisfaction...

You guys need inverter fridges. Virtually no start up spike needed. I run mine on a 300 watt inverter. Only gets just over a 100 watts on defrost otherwise it starts up at about 60 watts and slowly goes down from there. Samsung inverter fridges are awesome.

Looks interesting.

Give us a link or model number or place to buy?

I could not find a trace of them in USA but plenty in Asia - they have been here for about 7 years now. Somebody there needs to demand inverter technology. Aircons too. They go in my town for 100 to $250 second hand. I got a near new one for $250. Plenty of people have had them in RV's for 5 plus years on the toughest rough dirt roads with no problems -you have to bolt them down of course. And fit a latch.

I could not find a trace of them in USA but plenty in Asia - they have been here for about 7 years now. Somebody there needs to demand inverter technology. Aircons too. They go in my town for 100 to $250 second hand. I got a near new one for $250. Plenty of people have had them in RV's for 5 plus years on the toughest rough dirt roads with no problems -you have to bolt them down of course. And fit a latch.

Someday, all PC cooling will be inverter drive...

I cant wait.
That same size frige psc is $120... until fatcat Americans quit walmart price buying... dont hold your breath...

Back