diy solar

diy solar

New Construction Sol-Ark 15K

New construction - don't you need arc fault breakers?
When I was doing residential, Indiana did not require arc fault breakers. Its been a few years I wonder if it is required now? I think we are still on 2008 NEC.

From a good suggestion here, I added a transfer switch that takes the Sol Ark out of the loop and the main panel goes straight to grid. If the Sol Ark goes down or has a software issue and my wife is home alone, push the transfer and go straight to grid, work on the inverter issues later.
Great looking system! You've designed something very similar to what I'm planning for a new house later this year, in Maine. The idea of bypassing the inverter to go straight to grid if necessary is exactly what I have in mind. Would you mind posting the brand and model of transfer switch you used? Thanks!

When I was doing residential, Indiana did not require arc fault breakers. Its been a few years I wonder if it is required now? I think we are still on 2008 NEC.
Still not required.
Still on 2008.

Great looking system! You've designed something very similar to what I'm planning for a new house later this year, in Maine. The idea of bypassing the inverter to go straight to grid if necessary is exactly what I have in mind. Would you mind posting the brand and model of transfer switch you used? Thanks!
It looks like a fancy, expensive, stainless steel transfer switch-whatever brand it is.

I installed a transfer switch with my install for much the same reason as OP, but I used a GE version $635 from Home Depot https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-200-...ency-Power-Transfer-Switch-TC10324R/100150463

diy solar

diy solar
Back