diy solar

diy solar

New Genetry Solar 6kw inverter owner

,I hope I can show the ASL11.0 transformer BUT the message come back that the ASL 11.0 transformer is not real and he refund my paypal account immediately when Jack found out . The next production in China is the 30 kw 2 box inverter . He say the ASL 11.0 transformer core come in December 22 and production will start and the new 30kw will be available next year . Sid say in his forum that he is buying a new design transformer and parts for the GS 12kw and still say it is Jack that cause the delay . I think Jack will not ship anything to Sean on December 15 since he is making the production run of his 30 kw inverters .
I know the wifi board is not necessary and the expensive relays may be causing the FETs to blow up with the remote switch . In my bench test of a shut down switch with relay cause a massive voltage spike if shut down the inverter with 7000 watts inductive load running . The massive spike and back EMF blow up the FETs . The Powerjack Power switch will stut down the load first so no voltage spike and then shut down the inverter and save the FETs . It is not a good ideal to modify the PJ inverter power switch . I use the cheap camera to monitor the low battery voltage and go outside to shut down and recharge the battery .

yes, I think that it is a must to take the load off the inverter before turning it off,,,
I see where they talk about someone else making the transformer now for the yet non-existent gs12k inverter.... how will they test it and the new boards being manufactured by multiple new suppliers....
Jack is going to sell and manufacture his PowerJack stuff 1st....

essentially all electronics prefer to shut down the loads 1st and have a start and shut-down sequence.....
that is how windows computers work,,,, >>>shut down the programs and load before shutting off the computer((>>> different critter I know))
electronics do not like a lot of heat so the hurricane sounds from the fans were the 1st band-aids to keep it cool....(GS design)
the copper wound h-type e-type LF transformers are more resilient to heat so they have smaller quieter fans,,,, although a lot of folks say the toroidal transformer is more efficient.....but they (the GS duo) opt for the more electrically resistant enamel-coated aluminum wire cause it is cheaper and lighter,,,, which may not be the best for the enormous heat producing inverters>>> and then try to stuff it all in a smaller case.....go figure!!!

essentially all electronics prefer to shut down the loads 1st and have a start and shut-down sequence.....
that is how windows computers work,,,, >>>shut down the programs and load before shutting off the computer((>>> different critter I know))
electronics do not like a lot of heat so the hurricane sounds from the fans were the 1st band-aids to keep it cool....(GS design)
I was making desktop computer about 10 years when window 7 was running good . Window 10 on my desktop BSOD and crash every time Microsolt come out with a update that user are force to download . It take a month of new update to fix the old update that was just downloaded . Now I use only Lenovo laptop made in China and never crash when window 10 update . The start and stop sequence must not be stop or my laptop will crash also and inverter will Blow up the FETs . Sean say INVERTER suppose to invert but the WIFI is not letting the INVERTER invert because the WIFI is the control and Sid programing skill is not good and the Powerjack inverter let the rev 11.3 control board do the control .

the gs12k inverter is still not available but they show graphs without the inverter running in the video (he says they are known to be noisey
It look like an excel-type computer made graph he advertises with????
(so no beef there)

there are no Gs 6k inverters on hand either none made yet from all new still to be determined Chinese suppliers???

He claims 88 to 90 percent efficient but shows battery voltage which is not reliable... and uses a used Li ion battery (with sun input) to the inverter so wonder if his claims may not reflect efficiency at all... not sure about his methodology,,, no meters or anything to back the claims...just some chart???? go figure??

if it was the load was solely from the battery without the sun that would seem to be correct. but that is not what he says! and He does not show the inverter actually running today on 2/23/2023..

they are still trying to source the parts from China...from new suppliers
after PowerJack Jack gave them the Chines handshake (parting of the hired workers vs the manufacturing company)
they never say what happened to the preorder peoples' money they claimed to have paid without a contract,,,, but even China employees do not work for free....
?

Interesting to watch the evolution of the Hobby Inverter boys. Expecting to be an astounding commercial success with the most "Feature Rich" inverter on the market (yawn). With a competitive price because thay can avoid the huge and expensive product testing and validation (or rather, they don't have the resources and capital to perform it). You know, the kind that takes at least 30 production samples, high and low temperature test chambers, and testing in to fault loads, and testing to failure. What about the joys of certification? I'm in semiconductor validation and we have a name for some of the testing we do: "Break the Part".

You know, the kind that takes at least 30 production samples, high and low temperature test chambers, and testing in to fault loads, and testing to failure. Two of the 3 productiom sample GS 12kw blew up . Now waiting for parts to make number 4 prouction model . Dyson made over 5000 production samples before the final model made him billions dollars . The time for delivery of pre-order is ONE year according to Google search or bad thing will happen .

I'm in semiconductor validation and we have a name for some of the testing we do: "Break the Part". The problem with the GS 12 kw is to test one part like the transformer to run 12000 watts ( has not run 12000 watts ) and end up blowing up the whole inverter and not "Break the Part " but break the whote sample and not repair as of now 2-25 .

The GS12lw is not repaired as of now April 1 2023 . NOT much hope for the GS6kw either with youtube by AveRage Joe .....

Orient Power 6.5kw All in One Solar Off Grid Inverter! Full Review ..... Can parallel six and UL1741 certified The GS6kw can not parallel and is not UL1741 certified and the price is more than the Orient Power 6.5kw which has MPPT feature that the GS6kw do not have .

they ordered new capacitors from an unproven source for the gs12k but ESR is not established at the operating frequency of the spwm conversion. and not able to parallel or any ul1741 approval anyplace in the horizon...constant changes on an unproven design....the jet engine fans are what saves it from blowing up but not when attempting to connect to the grid or running two on the same dangerous li ion used battery pack of insufficient capacity to run the hyped continuous output....essentially a
PowerJack over-rating in the end with no proof of claims///... it would be scary to try to hook to the grid as they blow up all the MOSFETs, circuit breakers etc....expensive guineapig testing

Last edited:
if one reads about grounding and UL listing etc, etc,,,, it becomes obviously clear that the gs12k inverter or gs6k inverter or anything they are selling will never pass an electrical inspection.... and they have no plans to make them UL listed....
so guineapig buyers need to beware....
sad but true,,,,
the NEC is to protect the homeowner as a guide to prevent fires...
most all jurisdictions have a building permit code requirement..... which references the NEC in the USA....
and essentially require UL listing....
the gs products should not be hooked up to the grid period....
evidently, in some remote locations >>>> without the local AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) permission they are set up illegally....
guerrilla setups
over 30-volt dc is strictly regulated/and permitted by the local AHJ for a reason....
even the 48-volt wires must be in metal conduit or metal raceways inside the buildings,,,,, something that is clearly a code violation in his youtube GS videos....

Back