New growatt spf 8kt dvm panel set up. Please check me

Rho

2022-10-1317.34.471115795552521667954.jpgIMG-20221013-WA0001.jpg

Attachments

• 2022-10-1312.45.428757213914246867326.jpg
    2022-10-1312.45.428757213914246867326.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Looks good, BUT, your add on later is not right. You state 70.27 is under 70?
More important is voltage. That part is covered by your red arrow. Anyway, don't go over on voltage, ever!!! Even when you get cold voltage rises. Something to check out and consider.

Reactions: Rho
I am very familiar with the growatt 8000. More so the DMV-mpv but other than that, they are the same.
We are here to help, just be patient and we'll try to be too.?
I think you will be happy with it.
What batteries are you using?

One more thing. Growatts tend to perfer similar input on both p.v. if it isn't to much trouble, you might combine the 2 strings later when you upgrade, and double the p.v.

Thank you. I currently have the 6 for the pv1.
I have 4 more panels now getting 2 more so same each pv.

I am very familiar with the growatt 8000. More so the DMV-mpv but other than that, they are the same.
I am using lifepo4 16s 48v 200amh with daly bms 200 amp

Last edited:
Can I use just 1 mppt until I get my 2 other panels installed?
What is maximum amps in do you suggest for each pv input . I think my drawing is 6 panels with 18.36(2 × 9.18) for first pv input. I will repeat for 2nd
My panels are 2 very different locations. This is why I choose dual pv input.

Last edited:
Looks good, BUT, your add on later is not right. You state 70.27 is under 70?
More important is voltage. That part is covered by your red arrow. Anyway, don't go over on voltage, ever!!! Even when you get cold voltage rises. Something to check out and consider.
Ok changed out diagram. I think I have this correct now

The amps are not usually an issue with the inverter. I know amps, watts and volts work together. I'm just saying you need to consider amps on the wire and the distance with said wire.
The inverter gives you the MAX volts and the total watts. I suggest staying at 80% of the max.
Like a trailer, just because it can hold 1500lbs does not mean you should, all the time.
Just my opinion.

The amps are not usually an issue with the inverter. I know amps, watts and volts work together. I'm just saying you need to consider amps on the wire and the distance with said wire.
The inverter gives you the MAX volts and the total watts. I suggest staying at 80% of the max.
Like a trailer, just because it can hold 1500lbs does not mean you should, all the time.
Just my opinion.
Thank you, will do. Now to get 2 more panels and install.

I spent some time on your diagram. It looks pretty good. It appears you are under on volts and good on your watts. So, just check wire size now. There are charts out there that give you wire values for distance.
I don't want to say my opinion about wire size on here because a LOT of people here like to go way big.

Thank you, will do. Now to get 2 more panels and install.
I'm excited for you. Take your time and test every step of the way. It's easy to get the positive and negative mixed up for new installers.
Just think of DC as twice what AC is.... dangerous stuff. And I'm NOT the safty police either.
Good luck. Let us know how it went. ????

I'm excited for you. Take your time and test every step of the way. It's easy to get the positive and negative mixed up for new installers.
Just think of DC as twice what AC is.... dangerous stuff. And I'm NOT the safty police either.
Good luck. Let us know how it went. ????
Thank you

Hi ok finally have growatt 8 up and running. I am using a gsok wall 16s 200ah 48 volt battery. I do not suggest buying one. The battery was great for 10 days then the led screen read out stopped working. The bms appears to be working. I get all read out on inverter in % now.
What are the best settings for 12,13,19,20 and 21. The percent really leaves such a large variance. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Back