diy solar

diy solar

New help on "mounting" two panel on ground.

LeonLu

Hi everyone. So I got a very basic setup, due to HOA. I live in Florida and wanted a 400W setup to power my window ac. It is an inverter type. So it use 200-400W , usually 10 min push stop. All day 24 hr at 77F it use like 1.5Kw.

So with a 280 Ah, it should give me enough reserve for the whole night. I work a few days a week, so those are my "top off day"

If I'm working from home, I'll probably drain / use the battery at once. I did with 120W already.

My old 120w setup, I just support the one panel with one pvc pipe, no screw. Just pipe to dirt. It works well, beside some heavy rain days. The soil flood and stick shifted.

Current issue... I got two 200W panels and I didn't know it was this heavy. I don't want a heavy 2x4 wood setup..if there is a hurricane. It is easier for me to just unplug and move it inside.

Do anyone go a cheap and good idea to support it? I don't want to pay $30 per kit for those "mount". Since I don't think I'll need such support. I have a outdoor umbrella that I never closed ( beside the hurricane). And that is still perfect.

Just need enough support and I can toss something heavy on leg. I was thinking doing a right triangle and place it in the middle do each. Then cinder block on the base.

I attached a picture of the area I want it to be "placed"

Ty in advance

Attachments

• 20240226_202629.jpg
    20240226_202629.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 4
Ty, I think that is a perfect setup. It was surprisingly hard to find such information. Eveyone was digging and doing all that 2X4.

Another option would be a lumber frame, be it 2x2's and 2x4's or larger, and just bolt some locking casters to the bottom. Roll it around at will.

Sorry, I don't have the visionary skill to bring those items into my drawing board. I need to see the idea to re produce it. I think this is what you mean. Just for others to see. Something like this, with solar panel on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240227_152607.jpg
    Screenshot_20240227_152607.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 0
OK, I go it. I'll probably do wood and pcv to keep cost down. Went a bit over budget with current setup. Didn't account for 2 awg and fuse. The hybrid all in one purchase (ebay) didn't included it.

Current cost at will take me 6 years to break even at 2k usage a day lol. Can't wait to show off my setup

Back