diy solar

diy solar

New Here & Watts247.com Review

troyintroy

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and excited to build my first off grid system in the coming weeks.

I would also like to add that Watts247.com, where I ordered the hybrid controller/inverter from is a great company to do business with and the dude with the South African(?) accent answers the phone every time and has helped answer my product questions. Where do you get customer service like that! I highly recommend and will buy from them again.

I bought from him as well. No issues. Prompt with answering questions. My guess was that he was from down under. However I was just guessing.
He is from Utah and a good guy to buy from. I have my eye on the new boxes to help with solar hookup.

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and excited to build my first off grid system in the coming weeks.

I would also like to add that Watts247.com, where I ordered the hybrid controller/inverter from is a great company to do business with and the dude with the South African(?) accent answers the phone every time and has helped answer my product questions. Where do you get customer service like that! I highly recommend and will buy from them again.
I just bought the 12 1000 watt all in one system. Yes he answers questions quickly. I am new to solar and buying for my wife which I intend to ship overseas. Will is the best teacher

Ian did well for me when I bought my MPP all in ones. Answered emails quickly, gave me honest and accurate estimates of shipping dates, and lead times. Charged reasonable freight, instead of another company which seemed to mark it up 5x.

I also bought mine from him as well and it was a very good experience. I had a question when I was ordering and he actually called me to answer me shortly after I contacted him. Excellent service and very pleasant to speak with.

He also shipped out my order right away and I had it at my door in a couple of days. I am extremely pleased with him and will be buying from him again in the future. He has my utmost respect for the way he runs his business.

Ian did well for me when I bought my MPP all in ones. Answered emails quickly, gave me honest and accurate estimates of shipping dates, and lead times. Charged reasonable freight, instead of another company which seemed to mark it up 5x.
So shipping isn't included in the all in one pricing?

So shipping isn't included in the all in one pricing?
Wasn't for me, nor was Utah sales tax, which apparently must be paid even if the customer doesn't live in Utah. Still cost less than the other option I found.

Hi. This is the first time I've ever posted on any forum, but I have to tell of my FANTASTIC experience with WATTS247 and Ian. I ordered my MPP Solar Inverter through WATTS247. Got my initial test setup working quite easily. Then I went to set it up for use and couldn't get it working. Ian responded the same day that I emailed him and diagnosed the program setting problem via email right away. However, I didn't change it correctly. Arghh! Couldn't get it working. After a few days, he offered to help via phone. He was PATIENT and KIND, walking me through the steps to verify the correct program setting. He was NOT AT ALL ARROGANT and NOT CONDESCENDING-- even when I had clearly made a program setting error that he had first suggested I change. If I ever need a replacement or upgrade, or have an opportunity to recommend a solar sales company to friends, WATTS247 will be first!

Ian is great to work with and helped me a lot when starting out. I wish everyone in the solar business was as polite ,smart and helpful as he is.

I spoke with and emailed Ian a few times and he was responsive and polite, his replies short and to the point...with just a hint of "you don't want to do that." Their rack mount batteries won't do 100A peak output, so they won't work for my application. If you want "just the facts", you'll get that. Seems like a good business.

Back