diy solar

diy solar

New JK BMS turns off after 3 seconds

borislav

Situation: JK B1A24S15P turns off after 3 seconds. Initially after 1st time installation the connection was stable and the usual passwords and settings where being changed. Then in the middle of changing the settings this issue starts.

After turning on the BMS (with power button), connection can be made and the settings can be viewed in the app for 1-2 seconds, then shuts down before any settings can be changed. See screenshots and picture. The sound: Beep, beep, beeeeep, and shut down.

This happened with 2 brand new and similiar BMS's. At first I thought it was a faulty unit. Now after same issue with second BMS and digging through the forums, videos and manual, I am completely clueless what do try next.

What I tried and did not help:
  • Triple checked all wiring, leads and wiring configuration.
  • Draining the SOC from about 100% to about 70%
  • Turning BMS on with 9V trick
  • Trying to charge battery to wake up BMS
  • Reinstalled app
  • Bought second similar BMS and same issue
Maybe it could be that 1 or more of the settings makes the BMS shut down? But the settings can not be changed due to the issue. Anybody know what to do?

Note: 1 screenshot is from when the BMS was 1st turned on, and staying on longer, that is way the cell wire restistance shows, and is not loading properly when the BMS turns of after 1-2 seconds in second screenshot.
Battery: 16S LifePo4 280Ah cells

Attachments

• 20230810_142752.jpg
    20230810_142752.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20230810_134601_BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230810_134601_BMS.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20230804_173720_BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_173720_BMS.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 38
Update: BMS does not shut off when leads are not connected into BMS. Only when both of the 2 connectors (B1-B14 + B15-B16) are connected to the BMS it shuts off. When 1 of the 2 leads is connected it does not shut off

I would rather learn from other people's mistakes; while knowing all DIYers including me, also Learn allot from our own mistakes. ... ??⛵?
One BMS mistake I learned from: Always make sure your BMS is totally turned off before removing or messing with the balance wires. I got a spark on my Chargery BMS from this mistake, and while it still worked got tweaked (no longer accurate; dependable) . I replaced it. Also think it smart to remove the black wire first when working with BMS cell balance and monitoring wires. ... One of My Lessons from my own mistake.

Back