diy solar

diy solar

New kid in town

Buzz

Greetings! I'm in the thinking stages of setting up an off grid system and liked Will's video on the dual Eg4s. Would it be possible to buy one of those units and use it in the 120v configuration and then later add the second Eg4. I don't want to blow-up my credit card all at once. My concern is setting up the breaker panel. Can I expand the setup from the 120v to 240 without making major changes to the panel box? I'm hoping it's just a matter of adding the 2nd line into the breaker and then making appropriate changes to the inverters.

Assuming all the devices you are currently running on that breaker box are 120v and don't need 240v, then it shouldn't be a problem to switch to 240v later. If some of them are currently 240v, you are going to have to split either the 120v circuits off into their own box, or the 240v circuits into their own box.

Disclaimer, I'm not an electrician, best of luck to you.

Assuming all the devices you are currently running on that breaker box are 120v and don't need 240v, then it shouldn't be a problem to switch to 240v later. If some of them are currently 240v, you are going to have to split either the 120v circuits off into their own box, or the 240v circuits into their own box.

Disclaimer, I'm not an electrician, best of luck to y

Disclaimer, I'm not an electrician, best of luck to you.
Okay cs1234! Thanks for the input. Appreciate it!

diy solar

diy solar
Back