diy solar

diy solar

New Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC Passthrough Current (US Market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I have been going over the manual and trying to figure out my final electrical plan
Enclosed is what i belive to be the final plan. The other diagram shows the main panel in a different location. Which is correct?
Do you see any problems? I plan on grid tied system to sell back
Thanks

Attachments

• 1 01.pdf
    967.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Any more info on adam? Company? net address?
Thanks
BCI Solar
Adam Brewer
Cell: 480-251-1708

any reason why not use % instead of V? the inverter will stop the charging once the battery is at what % you set to.
I was using v instead of % just to see if I could get it higher than 54v. Yes it is a 16s, that was my thought in the beginning as well.

I was using v instead of % just to see if I could get it higher than 54v. Yes it is a 16s, that was my thought in the beginning as well.
i would recommend use %, with closed communication, it will do the setting for you. the inverter will not charge the battery if its already full.

Today, I received an announcement from Signature Solar about their new EG4 18KPV hybrid inverter, which shows the Luxpower name on the inverter. It is basically the same hybrid inverter with a few enhancements, which will be available next month. If this is old news, I apologize. I always figure it is better to hear something twice than hear it later or not at all.

1682104929621.png

I already have two 12K Luxpower hybrid inverters under the GSL brand, which has been mounted, but not connected for the last 6 months waiting on batteries.

Unfortunately, I ordered two 14.33KW 280Ah lithium batteries from GSL. It took almost 3 months for GSL to produce the batteries and over a month to deliver the batteries to Panama. GSL did manage to find the slowest boat possible from Hong Kong to Panama making a 3-weeks voyage last over 5-weeks. The batteries were ordered January 9th and the batteries will be available for pickup May 1st. GSL did promise the batteries Feb 15th, but that was only to get me to pay in full. When they failed to deliver per agreement and asked for an extension, I said no and filed a protest. Alibaba gave them all the time that they needed to finally deliver the batteries.

Hopefully, next month I will be operational. I decided to remove the (3) 5KW Fronius GT inverters and for now just use the two 12K hybrid inverters and the two power wall batteries with the existing 19 KW of solar panels.

I got the Signature Solar email today on the 18KPV and checked the specs..

With a sleek design, remote monitoring capabilities, and a 10-year warranty, the EG4 18kPV All-In-One Hybrid Inverter is the best solution for your solar power needs.​
  • All-in-one hybrid inverter
  • AC coupling
  • Handles 21kW of solar input, utilizes 18kW
  • 3 MPPT with 600VDC max input for each
  • 10-year warranty
  • Monitoring app accessible with the Wi-Fi dongle
  • Low idle consumption, high surge capability

This must be the newer LUX 12K with the built in 200 amp breakers. I'm surprised they are advertising it with AC coupling. Does anybody know if that works on the newer 12k? I'm still trying to get information from LUX if they are going to eventually make it so I can AC couple through the EPS port as explained in the manual on my older 12k. Having AC coupled through the GEN port only works when the 12k is in bypass. As soon as it goes off grid, the GEN port goes dead. What good is that? I'm thinking of just moving the AC coupled solar to the GRID port instead. At least that way I'll still be able to export power to the grid when I have my house running off grid.

I got the Signature Solar email today on the 18KPV and checked the specs..

With a sleek design, remote monitoring capabilities, and a 10-year warranty, the EG4 18kPV All-In-One Hybrid Inverter is the best solution for your solar power needs.​
  • All-in-one hybrid inverter
  • AC coupling
  • Handles 21kW of solar input, utilizes 18kW
  • 3 MPPT with 600VDC max input for each
  • 10-year warranty
  • Monitoring app accessible with the Wi-Fi dongle
  • Low idle consumption, high surge capability

This must be the newer LUX 12K with the built in 200 amp breakers. I'm surprised they are advertising it with AC coupling. Does anybody know if that works on the newer 12k? I'm still trying to get information from LUX if they are going to eventually make it so I can AC couple through the EPS port as explained in the manual on my older 12k. Having AC coupled through the GEN port only works when the 12k is in bypass. As soon as it goes off grid, the GEN port goes dead. What good is that? I'm thinking of just moving the AC coupled solar to the GRID port instead. At least that way I'll still be able to export power to the grid when I have my house running off grid.
You must have the newest firmware ( new or old 12k) to get the ac couple on gen port, it will work on off grid and on grid with the right settings. Mine is working..

I'm surprised they are advertising it with AC coupling. As soon as it goes off grid, the GEN port goes dead. What good is that? I'm thinking of just moving the AC coupled solar to the GRID port instead. At least that way I'll still be able to export power to the grid when I have my house running off grid.
Luxpower has a YouTube video that demonstrates how to set up the gen port with AC coupling so it does feed power to the load, or charge the batteries and then feed any remaining power to the grid. You need to go into advanced settings and follow the video instructions. The video also explain the advanced settings on how AC couple works when the grid is down to supplement the power for the load and to charge the batteries. When the grid is down, batteries are full and the solar panels are satisfying the load, the GT inverters will be off since there no place for the power to go.

Last edited:
Luxpower has a YouTube video that demonstrates how to set up the gen port with AC coupling so it does feed power to the load, or charge the batteries and then feed any remaining power to the grid. You need to go into advanced settings and follow the video instructions. The video also explain the advanced settings on how AC couple works when the grid is down to supplement the power for the load and to charge the batteries. When the grid is down, batteries are full and the solar panels are satisfying the load, the GT inverters will be off since there no place for the power to go.

Well this is real frustrating. I don't even have that "AC Couple" option in the screenshot you show in your post. It is also missing from the app. Plus I never was made aware that they have these videos. My dealer has sent me a screen update 7 that might include the missing options. I won't know until tonight when I can shut the whole inverter down, install the update, shut it down again and then remove the SD card. Seems really wierd that it is necessary to do that and that those options aren't even on the app.

I have lots of questions like what does the Application setting - Standby/Normal switch do? What does it do if Smart Load is checked?

Is there a place where every option is explained in detail?

Well this is real frustrating. I don't even have that "AC Couple" option in the screenshot y
GRV0423 has already told you in his post just prior to my post that you must install the latest display update and then have Luxpower to install the latest firmware. Once the software and firmware are updated, you should have all the options needed and no problem following Luxpower video. GRV0423 has already attested that it is working for him on grid and off grid plus you have already seen Luxpower video that it works.

You must have the newest firmware ( new or old 12k) to get the ac couple on gen port, it will work on off grid and on grid with the right settings. Mine is working..
Good to know yours is working. Edit....>>>Have you tested it to see if the frequency shift works to limit the AC coupled power?]

I asked LUX for the latest update and got FAAB-090C, and then I installed what I was told was LCD version 7, but shows up as LCD version 0/5 Image version 2, Icon version 5. The Firmware version is FA1.0.

I then checked to make sure AC coupling was still checked, Feed in Grid checked, and power set at 12kw. I then attempted to enter values into AC couple start volt, end volt, start SOC and end SOC. No matter what values I put in every time I press set, a "fail set!" message appears and the values get reset to zero.

Edit - - - >>[I was able to make changes set on web version na.luxpowertek.com]

Last edited:
Good to know yours is working. Edit....>>>Have you tested it to see if the frequency shift works to limit the AC coupled power?]

I asked LUX for the latest update and got FAAB-090C, and then I installed what I was told was LCD version 7, but shows up as LCD version 0/5 Image version 2, Icon version 5. The Firmware version is FA1.0.

I then checked to make sure AC coupling was still checked, Feed in Grid checked, and power set at 12kw. I then attempted to enter values into AC couple start volt, end volt, start SOC and end SOC. No matter what values I put in every time I press set, a "fail set!" message appears and the values get reset to zero.

Edit - - - >>[I was able to make changes set on web version na.luxpowertek.com]
Mine works perfectly. Newest lcd update is version 7. Firmware should be the same but not the build. Must change one at a time. Just like when you do at web

Well this is real frustrating. I don't even have that "AC Couple" option in the screenshot you show in your post. It is also missing from the app. Plus I never was made aware that they have these videos. My dealer has sent me a screen update 7 that might include the missing options. I won't know until tonight when I can shut the whole inverter down, install the update, shut it down again and then remove the SD card. Seems really wierd that it is necessary to do that and that those options aren't even on the app.

I have lots of questions like what does the Application setting - Standby/Normal switch do? What does it do if Smart Load is checked?

Is there a place where every option is explained in detail?
Standby/Normal
Standby: this set will make the inverter just bypass AC to the EPS terminal to take loads
Smart load is another setting. When you have heavy loads and do not want to run when the battery is low, you can enable it and connects your load to GEN port.

Attachments

• smart load.png
    smart load.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 20
  • LUX 12K US usermanual0224.pdf
    7.2 MB · Views: 19
Standby: this set will make the inverter just bypass AC to the EPS terminal to take loads
Smart load is another setting. When you have heavy loads and do not want to run when the battery is low, you can enable it and connects your load to GEN port.
The Manual you attached is 1.0-03 and is very different from the 2.0-01 manual I have. Especially when it comes to AC coupling.

No matter what setting I try, as soon as the grid power is shut off, the GEN port voltage goes to zero. What setting need to be changed?

Should I update to the LCD 7 firmware?

Attachments

• lux 1.jpg
    lux 1.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 19
  • lux 2.jpg
    lux 2.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 19
  • lux 3.jpg
    lux 3.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 19
  • lux 4.jpg
    lux 4.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 16
  • lux 5.jpg
    lux 5.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 18
  • lux 6.jpg
    lux 6.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 19
The Manual you attached is 1.0-03 and is very different from the 2.0-01 manual I have. Especially when it comes to AC coupling.

No matter what setting I try, as soon as the grid power is shut off, the GEN port voltage goes to zero. What setting need to be changed?

Should I update to the LCD 7 firmware?
Are you on the latest frimware?
Uncheck micro grid under advanced..

Are you on the latest frimware?
Uncheck micro grid under advanced..
I first tried the off-grid test with micro grid unchecked and when the GEN port went dead, I then checked the micro grid and retested. It failed both ways. I now have it unchecked.
I asked for the latest updates and BUILD VERSION changed to FAAB-090C, but the FIRMWARE VERSION remained FA1.0. Do you know if these are the most recent?

I also was sent a file with was suppose to be LCD version 7 and installed it as instructed. It now shows LCD version 0/5, Image version 2, icon version 5.

My model is 0009ADCI. Do you know how I can determine if these versions are right for my model?

Grace_Luxpower posted usermanual0224.pdf in her reply to me on Sunday and it appears to be for a later model than mine (even thou I just got mine a month ago). Do you happen to know if the latest firmware and build versions are the same for all the models?

I first tried the off-grid test with micro grid unchecked and when the GEN port went dead, I then checked the micro grid and retested. It failed both ways. I now have it unchecked.
I asked for the latest updates and BUILD VERSION changed to FAAB-090C, but the FIRMWARE VERSION remained FA1.0. Do you know if these are the most recent?

I also was sent a file with was suppose to be LCD version 7 and installed it as instructed. It now shows LCD version 0/5, Image version 2, icon version 5.

My model is 0009ADCI. Do you know how I can determine if these versions are right for my model?

Grace_Luxpower posted usermanual0224.pdf in her reply to me on Sunday and it appears to be for a later model than mine (even thou I just got mine a month ago). Do you happen to know if the latest firmware and build versions are the same for all the models?
Are you using pv charge first? And ac charge? If not unchecked them.. can you take a picture of your settings again..
Can you tell me about your set up? Is there any pv connected on the pv input? Or only ac couple?

Are you using pv charge first? And ac charge? If not unchecked them.. can you take a picture of your settings again..
Can you tell me about your set up? Is there any pv connected on the pv input? Or only ac couple?
It's not necessary that I use them but I did have Charge First(PV) enabled, but I now have both the Charge First(PV) and the AC Charge disabled. The attached PDF file is all my current settings. I haven't tested to find out if disabling Charge First(PV) has solved my problem, but I will later after I get the latest Build Version updated to FAAB 0C0D.

My setup is the Grid circuit braker connected to the 12k GRID port. EPS goes to a 100 amp circut breaker
I don't have any connections to the PV inputs. I do have 4.2Kw with Enphase M215 microinverters AC coupled to the GEN port of the LUX 12k

Attachments

• setting.pdf
    224.9 KB · Views: 14
It's not necessary that I use them but I did have Charge First(PV) enabled, but I now have both the Charge First(PV) and the AC Charge disabled. The attached PDF file is all my current settings. I haven't tested to find out if disabling Charge First(PV) has solved my problem, but I will later after I get the latest Build Version updated to FAAB 0C0D.

My setup is the Grid circuit braker connected to the 12k GRID port. EPS goes to a 100 amp circut breaker
I don't have any connections to the PV inputs. I do have 4.2Kw with Enphase M215 microinverters AC coupled to the GEN port of the LUX 12
Can you take a picture of your setting under Advance

GRV0423 has already told you in his post just prior to my post that you must install the latest display update and then have Luxpower to install the latest firmware.
Eddie_Lux just shared with me that both the display firmware and the inverter firmware can be updated remotely by the manufacturer. It is not necessary for the user to download the display firmware and make a sd card to manually update the display. The manufacturer can now update both the display firmware and the inverter firmware. For them to update remotely, they need the hybrid inverter serial number code and the wifi dongle code. He also suggested that you could simply take a photo of the SN code and dongle code when requesting an update.

Just last night GSL sent me the files to manually update the display firmware. Luckily, I decided to check with Eddie_Lux to make sure that GSL sent me the latest files to update the display, which is when I learned that this can be done remotely by the manufacturer.

CORRECTION - ONLY 8-12K INVERTERS WITH SERIAL NUMBER 2472xxxxx OR HIGHER CAN UPDATE THE DISPLAY FIRMWARE REMOTELY.

Last edited:
FAAB-0a0a
Eddie_Lux just shared with me that both the display firmware and the inverter firmware can be updated remotely by the manufacturer. It is not necessary for the user to download the display firmware and make a sd card to manually update the display. The manufacturer can now update both the display firmware and the inverter firmware. For them to update remotely, they need the hybrid inverter serial number code and the wifi dongle code. He also suggested that you could simply take a photo of the SN code and dongle code when requesting an update.

Just last night GSL sent me the files to manually update the display firmware. Luckily, I decided to check with Eddie_Lux to make sure that GSL sent me the latest files to update the display, which is when I learned that this can be done remotely by the manufacturer.
i don’t think they can update the lcd remotely, when i asked for update, lux tech sent me the lcd update. They can remotely update the firmware of the inverter… doing a lcd update required 2 times to restart the inverter. Theres no way they can remotely restart twice of the inverter… the only way to update is with micro sd for old 12k and the newer is with usb….

FAAB-0a0a

i don’t think they can update the lcd remotely, when i asked for update, lux tech sent me the lcd update. They can remotely update the firmware of the inverter… doing a lcd update required 2 times to restart the inverter. Theres no way they can remotely restart twice of the inverter… the only way to update is with micro sd for old 12k and the newer is with usb….
Thanks for pointing this out, your concern is understandable. coz some batches of 12kW do have the issue of 2 times of restart. but we would say most of the sold LXP-12K's LCD and inverter can be remotely updated. So I would say, you may pls share the SN code for a quick confirmation for this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy solar

diy solar
Back