diy solar

diy solar

Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US off grid mode

neutrinostar

Hello,

We are having trouble putting this inverter (GSL one) into off grid mode. It doesn't send any power back to main disconnect and breaker panel. Also we noticed sometimes it randomly stops receiveing input from PV modules. Does firmware need to be upgraded? Also how is firmware upgraded?

Thank you.

Hello,

We are having trouble putting this inverter (GSL one) into off grid mode. It doesn't send any power back to main disconnect and breaker panel. Also we noticed sometimes it randomly stops receiveing input from PV modules. Does firmware need to be upgraded? Also how is firmware upgraded?

Thank you.

Last edited:

If you look at the diagram in the link above (as well as those from Growatt and Solis), you will see that these new high voltage inverters are not for off grid. They are designed to be tied to your main panel for selling back to utility via the PV connected to them. The battery connected to them is designed to function after being charged by the PV or the utility AC power. They lack a generator input and their AC output to power loads is labelled backup. So they output only to a subpanel (so called critical loads) when the utility AC input is dropped. Otherwise, Ac input from utility is passed to the backup loads. If I understand you correctly, you want this inverter to receive PV, charge the battery and run your critical loads (backup) without AC input from utility (off-grid). Is this correct?

The Lux Power 12k inverter is a completely different inverter product and will do what you want it to do. So will an Outback Radian inverter.

If you look at the diagram in the link above (as well as those from Growatt and Solis), you will see that these new high voltage inverters are not for off grid. They are designed to be tied to your main panel for selling back to utility via the PV connected to them. The battery connected to them is designed to function after being charged by the PV or the utility AC power. They lack a generator input and their AC output to power loads is labelled backup. So they output only to a subpanel (so called critical loads) when the utility AC input is dropped. Otherwise, Ac input from utility is passed to the backup loads. If I understand you correctly, you want this inverter to receive PV, charge the battery and run your critical loads (backup) without AC input from utility (off-grid). Is this correct?

The Lux Power 12k inverter is a completely different inverter product and will do what you want it to do. So will an Outback Radian inverter.
Hello. I am using lux power 12K inverter and GSL batteries. Product I am using is here:

Its GSL branding but lux power same as eg4 one

Hello. I am using lux power 12K inverter and GSL batteries. Product I am using is here:

Its GSL branding but lux power same as eg4 one
I have to restart inverter then I see PV input coming in. But it randomly stops after a while

There is no PV power until I restart inverter then it starts coming in again. Is this due to inverter firmware needing update
PXL_20230916_224218178.jpg

Generally if PV comes in and then stops in daytime, its because there is no battery needing charging, no load to supply or no grid to sell to. So check those settings.

Generally if PV comes in and then stops in daytime, its because there is no battery needing charging, no load to supply or no grid to sell to. So check those settings.
no battery is only 85% full and stops randomly (after 30 mins or so), then we need to restart inverter and charging resumes.

Back