diy solar

diy solar

New Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC Passthrough Current (US Market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just keep back and forth, i myself, i know that and originally (on the manual) ac couple works on EPS OUTPUT with or without grid…

AC couple on the Gen Port is new feature of the inverter with the new firmware.
I apologize to you about the back and forth and I am truly SORRY. I really do appreciate your help and the testing that you have shared. Without your help, I would have blindly follow GSL "only" instruction on how to parallel and AC couple by connecting to the GEN port.

You have tested their instructions and it works great off grid. I would not have known, until after my installation that it does not work on grid, which is what I need 99% of the time. I do listen and I am grateful that I know about this issue before construction instead of after construction.

Mystery solved was meant as a joke. If anyone thought that I was serious, I apologize.

Before I decided on GSL Energy I had research some 6 manufacturers of hybrid inverters and all claimed to AC couple GT inverters. At least 2 of the hybrid inverters can even AC couple with Fronius Primo inverters. Sol-Ark can both AC couple on the load side or AC couple on the generator side, so both are possible or at least according to Sol-Ark.

Mystery solved was meant as a joke. If anyone thought that I was serious, I apologize.

Before I decided on GSL Energy I had research some 6 manufacturers of hybrid inverters and all claimed to AC couple GT inverters. At least 2 of the hybrid inverters can even AC couple with Fronius Primo inverters. Sol-Ark can both AC couple on the load side or AC couple on the generator side, so both are possible or at least according to Sol-Ark.
My advice is work what you have now!

Any grid tie inverter can be ac couple to any pure sine inverter aslong you have something to disconnect the grid tie when the battery is full…

I can verify what "Not Aerosmith" said above. You can't purchase from GSL anymore without buying batteries.
Same, tried getting a quote this week.

Does anyone know where I can order a luxpower version in the US, and what the cost has been?

Same, tried getting a quote this week.

Does anyone know where I can order a luxpower version in the US, and what the cost has been?
DIY member Fromport bought a Luxpower version, so you might try sending him a message and ask him for his contact information. Next to your name at the top of the screen is an envelope for sending messages.

GSL told me that Luxpower have a new model with breakers, I guess more like Sol-Ark 15. I have not seen any literature on it and I don't know the changes or the price. I have not really search for information on Luxpower, because it is too late for me. I have already bought GSL.

Here is a link to their site: https://luxpowertek.com/lxp-hybrid-12k In the US, China does ship by air DDP (Delivery Duties Paid) to your door, which is probably less expensive that the US markup for local vendors. You need to consider the value of local support, if technical expertise is actually available.

Last edited:
DIY member Fromport bought a Luxpower version, so you might try sending him a message and ask him for his contact information. Next to your name at the top of the screen is an envelope for sending messages.

GSL told me that Luxpower have a new model with breakers, I guess more like Sol-Ark 15. I have not seen any literature on it and I don't know the changes or the price. I have not really search for information on Luxpower, because it is too late for me. I have already bought GSL.

Here is a link to their site: https://luxpowertek.com/lxp-hybrid-12k In the US, China does ship by air DDP (Delivery Duties Paid) to your door, which is probably less expensive that the US markup for local vendors. You need to consider the value of local support, if technical expertise is actually available.
Did you get the battery and what was your cost for shipping and Duties+taxes paid? I got the quote for similar amount per piece, the shipping and duties is a bit high though.

Any reviews on the 14kw battery ?
Thanks

Welp, so it finally happened. The other night, I discovered a few settings have mysteriously changed, causing energy to be drained from the battery at night and fed back to the grid, when I don't want it to. Specifically, 2 settings... Peak shaving went from enabled => disabled, and "charge first" 2nd timeslot was cleared. I will be reaching out to GSL to ask what the heck just happened, though I suspect there is a possibility of a software bug, as this behavior was detected around the same time I was messing with my external meter (but I did not change any settings on the GSL inverter!)

Latest firmware:
AC Couple is now working after watching their new released video…
The tech that was helping me didn’t tell me that i need to turn on feed in grid and turn off Fast zero export… i tested today and its working now…

Latest firmware:
The tech that was helping me didn’t tell me that i need to turn on feed in grid and turn off Fast zero export… i tested today and its working now…
Thats great news, were can i see the released video? Thank you

Latest firmware:
I agree great news about AC couple connected to GEN port and being able to export to the grid. No need to wait on GSL anymore.

Early today, I met with the solar contractor that install my GT system. He seemed familiar with the GSL Energy brand and feel that they make both good batteries and inverters. He is aware of some GSL installations in Panama. He has assured me that there should be no problem with the GSL. I was worried that he might have a negative attitude about the GSL equipment that I bought from China, but no very positive. I will send the solar contractor the YouTube video that GRV0423 found.

We discussed fromport suggestion of replacing one of the existing GT inverter with a GSL inverter. He agrees that the existing 6.5 KWh solar panels with the (2) new 14.3 KWh batteries should provide me with adequate emergency power to meet my average demand of about 4 KWh during a daytime outage.

From GRV0423 suggestion, I expressed a willingness to install the 2 hybrid inverters before receiving the batteries. He took 1 of my 2 GSL manuals and intend to make a wiring diagram for my system. If I agree with his schematics, we can discuss when to start work.

I do feel better about the hybrid inverters, since they are UL listed, CEC listed, the 3 positive DIY reviews, solar contractor positive comments, and especially after seeing GSL video on AC couple.

Last edited:
I agree great news about AC couple connected to GEN port and being able to export to the grid. No need to wait on GSL anymore.

Early today, I met with the solar contractor that install my GT system. He seemed familiar with the GSL Energy brand and feel that they make both good batteries and inverters. He is aware of some GSL installations in Panama. He has assured me that there should be no problem with the GSL. I was worried that he might have a negative attitude about the GSL equipment that I bought from China, but no very positive. I will send the solar contractor the YouTube video that GRV0423 found.

We discussed fromport suggestion of replacing one of the existing GT inverter with a GSL inverter. He agrees that the existing 6.5 KWh solar panels with the (2) new 14.3 KWh batteries should provide me with adequate emergency power to meet my average demand of about 4 KWh during a daytime outage.

From GRV0423 suggestion, I expressed a willingness to install the 2 hybrid inverters before receiving the batteries. He took 1 of my 2 GSL manuals and intend to make a wiring diagram for my system. If I agree with his schematics, we can discuss when to start work.

I do feel better about the hybrid inverters, since they are UL listed, CEC listed, and the 3 positive DIY reviews,
You must update the inverter first in order to work ac couple on the GEN Port…

You must update the inverter first in order to work ac couple on the GEN Port…
I agree, Today, I told my contractor that he needs to update the display after the inverter is installed. I didn't want to discuss all the drama about AC coupling. I did share the video that you found. However, I will tell the contractor when I provide him the software update for the display that GSL needs to do a firmware update.

I agree, Today, I told my contractor that he needs to update the display after the inverter is installed. I didn't want to discuss all the drama about AC coupling. I did share the video that you found. However, I will tell the contractor when I provide him the software update for the display that GSL needs to do a firmware update.
Hope this doesn't sound harsh, Just genuinely curious. Are you not able to turn the unit on yourself without the installer?

Hope this doesn't sound harsh, Just genuinely curious. Are you not able to turn the unit on yourself without the installer?
No, I can not. They are both still in the box. I have no workshop, garage or basement to test them. I could ignore the manual and try to test them horizontally on the pool table. However, I have no 48V battery nor a 240V receptable to temporarily power the GSL inverters.

My GSL salesman only knew one thing about AC couple, which is to connect using the GEN port. He was unable to tell me, if I would be able to sell power to the grid. When I told him 3 times that a DIY member said he tested it and it will not sell to the grid. The GSL salesman response was that no hybrid inverter can AC couple GT inverters and sell to the grid. The response was obviously stupid, but it told me that he was unable to support AC coupling and selling to the grid.

The GSL salesman that helped the DIY member to AC couple his inverter did not know about the software changes and obviously my salesman did not know anything about the software changes. Without knowing that it would work, I was not willing to risk installing a GSL inverter and not being able to sell my production to the grid.

Now that GSL has released a video on how to AC couple GT inverters, I know that it should work.

Last edited:
No, I can not. They are both still in the box. I have no workshop, garage or basement to test them. I could ignore the manual and try to test them horizontally on the pool table. However, I have no 48V battery nor a 240 receptable to temporarily power the GSL inverters.

My GSL salesman only knew one thing about AC couple, which is to connect using the GEN port. He was unable to tell, if I would be able to sell power to the grid. When I told him 3 times that a DIY member said he tested it and it will not sell to the grid. The GSL salesman response was that no hybrid inverter can AC couple GT inverters and sell to the grid. The response was obviously stupid, but it told me that he was unable to support AC coupling and selling to the grid.

The GSL salesman that helped the DIY member to AC couple his inverter did not know about the software changes and obviously my salesman did not know anything about the software changes. Without knowing that it would work, I was not willing to risk installing a GSL inverter and not being able to sell my production to the grid.

Now that GSL has released a video on how to AC couple GT inverters, I know that it should work.
You should talk to their support tech not the sales man. I believe their support tech is Jacky…

You should talk to their support tech not the sales man. I believe their support tech is Jacky…
Good to know. GSL has never made it know to me that there is a real support tech person. Somewhere I read a post that said GSL only customer support is through your GSL salesman.

I am unable to find a link to support even on www.gsl-energy.com website. If you have a link to support tech, please share.

Has anyone tested the stand by power consumption of the Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC,

In off grid, battery only mode?

here is a example

Last edited:
Has anyone tested the stand by power consumption of the Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC,

In off grid, battery only mode?

here is a example

Idle consumption: (5-16w) it goes from 5w-16w…
F5ACBC52-A409-4EAA-B4E8-F691DAD7BC90.jpeg
Idle consumption w/load output ON : (31w-94w) hovering around 31w-94w as it search for load.
AE0F34C1-A4A0-4819-9B4F-2A66B5E2D793.jpegIf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back