diy solar

diy solar

New Member 1st post - Portable solar Generator DIY

JPSurf

I’m looking for recommendations for powering my OvrLand camper but also using it for building and construction on a tiny home. Eventually using it for the home only on a temporary basis. The biggest draw that I see is being able to use it for small welding around the property. Is a DIY even possible or look for say a Bluetti ac300?

A basic 12v 280 amp-hour battery will drive a 2000 watt inverter just fine. Then just a matter of how much solar is needed to keep the battery charged. Far more value than a Bluetti IMO. Of course it will take some time to complete the project and the other projects have to wait. Will adapt just fine to the camper.

A12v battery with a 1500 or 2000 watt inverter would handle most of your duties here but would require a cart of some sort to be easily portable. Something like a Anker 767 is portable and features a TT30 plug for a camper for not much more than the price of a good 12v battery, 2000 watt inverter, and solar charge controller. The 5 year warranty, excellent customer support, and optional expansion battery add additional value. I would avoid Bluetti due to the poor customer service. Neither of these options will run a large RV AC unit.

Back