diy solar

diy solar

New solar system installed any thoughts?

davidsgara

• 25 x 365W Solaria Solar Panels
  • 25 x SolarEdge P401 Power Optimisers
  • 8.25kW SolarEdge HD Wave Genisis Inverter
  • SolarEdge Monitoring (production & consumption, individual panel reports)
Any information and or advise would be appreciated.

Also looking at getting a SolarEdge Energy Bank 10kWh Battery.

Attachments

• davidsgara solar array.jpg
    davidsgara solar array.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 11
Must be nice to be able to afford $50k+ system, how is that DIY?

• 25 x 365W Solaria Solar Panels
  • 25 x SolarEdge P401 Power Optimisers
  • 8.25kW SolarEdge HD Wave Genisis Inverter
  • SolarEdge Monitoring (production & consumption, individual panel reports)
Any information and or advise would be appreciated.

Also looking at getting a SolarEdge Energy Bank 10kWh Battery.
Is that off-grid power?

Must be nice to be able to afford $50k+ system, how is that DIY?
I don't think it was.

As to OP... i think if you want to install a storedge battery you just call up the installers and write the check.

Do I think its a good idea to put a $50k solar system on the roof that you can never use if the grid goes down. nope. so in my world a battery backup solution is a must for when the grid is down.

I don't think it was.

As to OP... i think if you want to install a storedge battery you just call up the installers and write the check.

Do I think its a good idea to put a $50k solar system on the roof that you can never use if the grid goes down. nope. so in my world a battery backup solution is a must for when the grid is down.
I was told that if the grid went down and the power company starts working on the line, their is a probability of electrocution because of your solar still producing energy? How is that problem bypassed with battery storage or do you have a generator that is offset with these batteries?

It's called a transfer switch. It disconnects your house from the grid and connects to your solar power. There are automatic and manual versions available.

So the question I would have is the transfer of electricity from my solar feeding the grid which helps offset usage in winter vs. overproduction in the summer, worth more 'bang for your buck' when compared to a generator that uses natural gas? I see batteries would basically need to power up most important devices in a home (fridge, freezer, stove). Also to take into account the length of the power outage. It's been many many years for when the power was out for up to 6 days compared to yearly outages that last no longer than 1 hour and if your asleep when it goes out at night...mox-nix. I could see a shed being off-grid with solar and battery or if connection is mandatory on the property, a light post with box and meter at the end of your driveway.

So the question I would have is the transfer of electricity from my solar....... worth more 'bang for your buck' when compared to a generator that uses natural gas?
Many have argued that a generator is the most economical solution. A natural gas generator is a more complex set up for me. I have solar and batteries to reduce my energy bill so it is easy to configure that existing system for backup as well.

Back