diy solar

Newbie Question connecting Solar - MPPT - Lithium - Inverter

Marktla

hey guys.. its me again.

what I have on hand…

5x 200W Renogy Flex Panels
2x 200AH Renogy Bluetooth Smart Lithium Batteries
2x Rover 60A MPPTs
1x Renogy 3000w inverter ( not charger )
1x Renogy DC-DC 60A charger
1x Renogy DC-DC 40A charger

4x 95AH AGM batteries that came with the boat.

So I don’t know what thickness / rating of cables I need from Renogy 200w flex panels to the MPPTs ( Rover 60A ). I think I’ll connect 4x together and make a 800w array.. or I may do 1000w. If I do 800w.. I may to 2S2P… or maybe 4P… or just split the panels.. 2P to the MPPT1 to the Lithiums and 2P to the MPPT2 to the AGMs

Panel’s Operating Voltage is 20.1V , Operating Current 10.02 A.. the cable length from the Panels to the MPPTs would be 8-10 meters ( 27-33 feet ) max.

Also I don’t know if I need to add DC breakers and fuses somewhere… total newbie here.

I also wanna charge the 4x95AH AGM batteries that came with the boat... with the solar panels.

After the MPPTs.. from them to the Lithiums or AGMs… what thickness of a cable? these would be like 1-1.5 meters max.. maybe 2.. ( 4-7 feet max )

I will connect the Lithium Renogys in paralel… what thickness of cable I would need ? I bought an Air Fryer and it is like 1500 Watts.. so it seems I may pull 120-140 Amps from the Lithiums thru the 3000W inverter.

and.. I have some cables came with the Inverter.. they are not super thick.. not sure the rating. can I use those cables with the Lithiums? Or beef them up?

DC-DC chargers… I don’t know what to do with them… the initial plan was to support the AGMs from Lithiums at night.. if the fridges pull a lot of amps etc…

the 2nd DC-DC.. I thought about connecting from the starter engine battery to the Lithiums to charge them under power. But some guy said that’ll be too hard on the alternator.. charging everything ( I have 2x 95AH bowthruster batteries as well )

In brief….

Solar Panels to MPPTs.. - what rating / thickness of the cable? Any DC breakers or Fuses where? ( one guy said.. DC breaker before the MPPT, Fuse after the MPPT )

MPPTs to the Lithiums… what rating / thickness cable? Any DC breakers or fuses ?

Connecting in Lithiums in Parallel ? What cable ? ( they will be very close to each other, like 1 feet max… or less, like 4-6 inches )

Lithiums to the inverter… cable? Any breaker or fuse?

thanks!

mark

Back