diy solar

diy solar

NM-B wire in Multiplus II RV install

gr8pix

Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California, Mexico
Hello,
I'm confused as to what wire to run from my 50A AC breaker panel to the Multiplus II. I have been told SOOW wire cannot be hidden and the wire that I bought can not be installed in water tight 3/4" conduit. Is this correct and what type of wire should I use from the multiplus to the breaker panel. This is the wire that I got https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BY7CMNDH

Is this the same wire that's used here in this video?

I'm not sure why I haven't gotten a response, I'd really like some help on this please.
1. Can SOOW wire be hidden behind a wall or under the floor in an RV?
2. Can Romex be installed in watertight conduit above ground in an RV to the AC breaker panel?

I'm not sure why I haven't gotten a response, I'd really like some help on this please.
1. Can SOOW wire be hidden behind a wall or under the floor in an RV?
2. Can Romex be installed in watertight conduit above ground in an RV to the AC breaker panel?
Define hidden?
Why do you need it in conduit?

I'll be running it through the basement compartments and it is partial exposed to the drive-line running down the centre of the coach, also it will be run on top of the grey water tank to the front of the coach. The existing wiring from the generator to the transfer switch is run in conduit.

I'll be running it through the basement compartments and it is partial exposed to the drive-line running down the centre of the coach, also it will be run on top of the grey water tank to the front of the coach. The existing wiring from the generator to the transfer switch is run in conduit.
Do you know what type of wire was used for the generator?

Personally, I'd run your NM-B, limit the usage of conduit in straight runs, only where the wire needs protection.

What size conduit are you planning on using for 6/3?

Now keeping it water tight could be an issue.

They could be using soow for the generator since it's a temporary use item. Also using conduit where the wire needs protection.

Does NEC code even apply on the road? Would solid conductors getting vibrated be worse than well secured SOOW? I don't know about this stuff, but seems weird to apply stationary code to a vehicle.

Does NEC code even apply on the road? Would solid conductors getting vibrated be worse than well secured SOOW? I don't know about this stuff, but seems weird to apply stationary code to a vehicle.
I think I'll end up going with the SOOW 6/4 and secure it well to the existing harness that runs to the convertor charger also going to wrap in split wire loom to avoid any damage to the jacket due to vibration.

Back