diy solar

diy solar

No controllers with WiFi and Android phone app?

DenverGuy

I have been looking, but no luck. My solar-powered garage has a Liftmaster opener that I monitor and control with my phone. The same with my HVAC thermostat.
Even my washing machine and range have apps for controlling them (not that I would bother.) But I still have to run out to the garage when I want to see what is happening with my charge controller.

Are there any companies that make wifi charge controllers that can be linked to a phone, or are we just not there yet?

from my own experience: there is MidniteClassic charging controller , which have LAN ethernet port (can be connected to a wifi router) and there is a good third-party android app (Graham) which connects from a phone (connected by wifi to the same LAN) and which shows all info which displays MidniteClassic on its display. Except settings. Becomes more useful if your Midnite CC connected via shunt with its current monitoring device. If you would be interested I can explain more details (I have experience with it).

Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT 60, 600v and the new GenStar have liveView. No app necessary, just use your favorite browser (the charge controller has a web server). The only 2 downsides are that you can’t change settings (need a windows app). And must use an ethernet connection (or an ethernet to wifi adapter). The new controller, GenStar, have wifi. But, because the controller is new, is not enabled (yet, coming soon). Other options are Victron (with GX controller – otherwise only local Bluetooth), Midnite (apps - ethernet), Schneider with InsightLocal (WIFI or ethernet).

Back