diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow wifi outage

Kenny_

Solar Addict
I've been an Ecoflow owner for about one month now. I bought a River 2 Pro and then went on to purchase a Delta Pro with the intention of moving forward with a somewhat portable modular system for my home. I may or may not be selling/moving which is a big part of the consideration.

I've been very pleased up until yesterday...installed a manual transfer switch...received my 2 x 550 watt Renogy panels yesterday and in the process of setting them up and testing suddenly I lost connection from my android phone app to my Delta Pro... up and down, up and down ... And I'm going wtf is going on...

After an hour or two of trying to reconnect, restart wifi, reboot the Delta Pro (why the hell is is there not a RESET button??) .... I finally got them on the phone and learn that there is a major problem many many many are having. I got a bit of run around and was not really happy with the answers.....which was basically....give us some time and we'll get back to you.

Well as I finally figured out (not from what they told me) was that apparently there is a Ecoflow Server that all the wifi must go through. I was assuming it was a direct internet connection from the phone app to the Delta pro but clearly not. I really with they had simply said ... there is a server outage ... standby we're working on it.

Well at least now I know this is the way the system operates (and I don't particularly like this 'phone in to the mothershop' setup).

All is working this morning, but what a PITA and shock at the way this system works. Arrrrgh!!!

Maybe I should have gone another way (and still remained portable).

Do other systems (like EG4, Growatt, etc.) connect through a remote server to phone apps?

Do other systems (like EG4, Growatt, etc.) connect through a remote server to phone apps?
In general, if you can access it away from home, it goes through a server. If you access only from home (like bluetooth) then it may be direct.

The problem for your phone app away from home is knowing where your home is (dynamic ip address). A server solves that problem. Your phone and device can both easily find the server.

Also you were in a short distance from your Ecoflow products the app should have switched over to bluetooth to have the app work directly. You do need to be in a 30' distance and have bluetooth enabled on your phone.

Another option is to run a Home Assistant program and have it connect to your Delta Pro. Home Assistant can also fully log your input/output of the Delta Pro with lots of other features.

Not to my knowledge. There is a home automation program called Home Assistant https://www.home-assistant.io/ which is an open source project that runs on an old computer you have or raspberry pi computer that would monitor and maintain your home automation. Unfortunately it is something you have to setup and maintain yourself.

Back