diy solar

diy solar

Outage Notification

Tulex

Solar Wizard
Last night we had an outage for about an hour and then 2 short 1 minute ones shortly after the first was restored. The only way I noticed the first time was because the lights flickered when the heat pump furnace came on.

Are any of you using a separate app/devise to get outage notifications? Would be nice to know so that usage could be reduced to extend battery life.
I have a Sol-Ark 15K, it's set up to send notifications, but it doesn't. Only thing I see is if I go into the app, I see a notice that power was restored, but never does it send anything. Verified Email and that notifications is turned on. Checked spam folder. Nothing.

I have Abode as a security/automation system, so looking at something there, but coming up blank. It does use IFTTT, so there might be something there.....

Looking at This for an option.

Maybe Sol-Ark's new app will fix the issue if it ever is implemented.

Last night we had an outage for about an hour and then 2 short 1 minute ones shortly after the first was restored. The only way I noticed the first time was because the lights flickered when the heat pump furnace came on.

Are any of you using a separate app/devise to get outage notifications? Would be nice to know so that usage could be reduced to extend battery life.
I have a Sol-Ark 15K, it's set up to send notifications, but it doesn't. Only thing I see is if I go into the app, I see a notice that power was restored, but never does it send anything. Verified Email and that notifications is turned on. Checked spam folder. Nothing.

I have Abode as a security/automation system, so looking at something there, but coming up blank. It does use IFTTT, so there might be something there.....

Looking at This for an option.

Maybe Sol-Ark's new app will fix the issue if it ever is implemented.
When I lived at my other house my neighbors were my alert system. They would call wanting to know why I had power and they didn't when the power went out :)

When I lived at my other house my neighbors were my alert system. They would call wanting to know why I had power and they didn't when the power went out :)
That used to be an option before I moved deep into the woods. I would just look out the window and see if the other houses had power when I wondered if power was out.

Last edited:
Back