diy solar

diy solar

No longer deal with ever again AliExpress

LarryC

Larry N7LUF
I will no longer deal with AliExpress
I bought ToolkitRC M8S Mini Battery Balance Charger Discharge with Color Screen 400W 18A DC Output for 1-8S Lipo LiHV Life Lion NiMh Pb.I
Was sent a cheaper ToolkitRC M6 DC 150W 10A LCD 2-6S.
I wanted 1-8S and not the 2-6S!
I filed a dispute and here is what I got.
Total purchase amount$41.83 USD
Amount refunded$20.91 USD
I could have gotten a full refund, but had to pay for the shipping to return.

thats the standard approach with aliexpress. I had the exact same thing happen on two different orders when what arrived was clearly not what was advertised. I had pictures to show the product was "false" (pure nickel strips that promptly rust), and aliexpress just says unless you ship the product back you get 50%. Somehow china gets to ship anything TO america for pennies, but if I try and ship anything back its a fortune.
In my case given the cheap quality of the delivered product even with a 50% refund the shady merchant was making a profit hehe
I only have 1 outstanding order left on aliexpress(sadly a rather expensive battery order and its been 2months) but yea, I am not buying from them again.
Which is partly why I am on this board now lining up "honest" merchants!!

I am going through a even worse scenario. The 470 dollars cell order is showing up as cancelled by seller before payment (corrrectly). 4 days later the paypal charge went through... pay pal says contact seller... system will only show order as cancelled. I cannot even open a disput against the vendor because the dispute system says the sale is "finished"... paypal would not return the funds based on an illegitamte charge and has not even replied to my attempts to get them to let me send screen shots of the vendor reply that they canceled before I was charged and "do not have my funds". almost $500.00 up in smoke so far. WAY TOO MUCH STRESS ON AN AUTOMATED SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT HAVE PROVISIONS TO LET ME DEAL WITH DISPUTES BASED ON THIS SCENARIO>>>NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!

I will no longer deal with AliExpress
I bought ToolkitRC M8S Mini Battery Balance Charger Discharge with Color Screen 400W 18A DC Output for 1-8S Lipo LiHV Life Lion NiMh Pb.I
Was sent a cheaper ToolkitRC M6 DC 150W 10A LCD 2-6S.
I wanted 1-8S and not the 2-6S!
I filed a dispute and here is what I got.
Total purchase amount$41.83 USD
Amount refunded$20.91 USD
I could have gotten a full refund, but had to pay for the shipping to return.

For those interested......

This is what he thought he was getting.......$33.00 USD + shipping
Directly under the product it says......
Buyer Protection
"Money Back Guarantee Refund in 15 days"

ToolkitRC-M8S-Mini-Battery-Balance-Charger-Discharge-with-Color-Screen-400W-18A-DC-Output-for-1.jpg_q50.jpg

This is what he received.....

617q8zK8wGL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I am going through a even worse scenario. The 470 dollars cell order is showing up as cancelled by seller before payment (corrrectly). 4 days later the paypal charge went through... pay pal says contact seller... system will only show order as cancelled. I cannot even open a disput against the vendor because the dispute system says the sale is "finished"... paypal would not return the funds based on an illegitamte charge and has not even replied to my attempts to get them to let me send screen shots of the vendor reply that they canceled before I was charged and "do not have my funds". almost $500.00 up in smoke so far. WAY TOO MUCH STRESS ON AN AUTOMATED SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT HAVE PROVISIONS TO LET ME DEAL WITH DISPUTES BASED ON THIS SCENARIO>>>NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!
Contact your bank (credit unions are even better!) open a dispute with them, give them the 'order canceled by seller' and they will promptly refund your money and do a charge back to paypal... I have had to do this multiple times when ordering things from China, half the time I get what I ordered, the other half the time it is a scam, clearly after the fact. I try to avoid doing any business with that country now.

Contact your bank (credit unions are even better!) open a dispute with them, give them the 'order canceled by seller' and they will promptly refund your money and do a charge back to paypal... I have had to do this multiple times when ordering things from China, half the time I get what I ordered, the other half the time it is a scam, clearly after the fact. I try to avoid doing any business with that country now.
I use PayPal

For those interested......

This is what he thought he was getting.......$33.00 USD + shipping
Directly under the product it says......
Buyer Protection
"Money Back Guarantee Refund in 15 days"

ToolkitRC-M8S-Mini-Battery-Balance-Charger-Discharge-with-Color-Screen-400W-18A-DC-Output-for-1.jpg_q50.jpg

This is what he received.....

617q8zK8wGL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Yes, but would have to pay for shipping back.

I had that happen to me on another place and I disputed it and got refunded. They then tried to reused a charge ID to recharge me the difference they thought they should be able to keep and I got them an absolute smackdown from the attorney general of my state. Fortunately, I was smart enough to not buy using my paypal account... just as a CC through paypal.

Ok now you guys have me worried as I just spent over $2000 on cells with them. Did I make a mistake? Will told us they are good to use.

Like I said it's paypal... I have not been at all impressed with their handling of problems VS ANY CC co I have ever dealt with in the past. They don't give a crap and even when you give them details of what you provide as documentation the phone reps have no interest in obtaining it thus far. but yes Thank you that is what I thought would be wise also...

I had that happen to me on another place and I disputed it and got refunded. They then tried to reused a charge ID to recharge me the difference they thought they should be able to keep and I got them an absolute smackdown from the attorney general of my state. Fortunately, I was smart enough to not buy using my paypal account... just as a CC through paypal.
I had no idea PayPal was so lame!!!!!!!! Any other CC issuer would be all over this...

I just recently had a mixed reaction with Aliexpress!! I purchased 4x280ah littokola batteries and paid with paypal.. 4 days latter I get a message from the seller saying they are out of supplies and request to refund my money.. I was able to get my refund the next day but it was the 3rd time in the last few months a vendor done that to me...

Ok now you guys have me worried as I just spent over $2000 on cells with them. Did I make a mistake? Will told us they are good to use.
well, I purchased $800 worth of cells from LiitokalaVariCoreFlagship Store and, well, its been over two months ago and nothing yet so you are not alone in worrying hehe
Their "shipping estimate" of 20-38 days is just boilerplate and the tracking numbers are useless as it always says "temporarily unavailable".

I use PayPal
Larry,
I am sorry, I learned hard lessons with Paypal many years back, I refuse to use paypal,
Rule of thumb is to avoid any 3rd parties and use CC
I use my bus amex and costco visa primarily,
Bus Amex is my go to card, ,they have always taken care of me.

But for AliX and AliB I use my Citi card as it has NO foreign trans charge.

Most of the cards now have BUYER protection and every time I buy something I print PDF the page with the item and check out receipt.

CC does the running for you and I have always been taken care of.

Story Time:
I prepaid a vendor for service, $7k and another $7 after contract review and signing. Well once I received the contract I was like, wow, bait and switch, the contract did not have any of the stuff we discussed and at that time I knew they were not to be trusted. I asked for a refund of my $7k, crickets.
I called Amex, and they asked for it back.

Vendor pulled a fast one: Refunded $7k at 1155pm on 11/10/2020 and then charged it back on 00:05 on 11/11/2020

I called Amex again, the Amex lady went LA county gangstsa and blocked the business and the clearing house from putting any charges through, I think she mentioned calling her cuz in NY to fly down to Rancho C, CA to get my money back in cash, lol.
Another month of waiting and finally I have my $7k.

Friends don't let friends use Paypal, plus Paypal is soooooooo 90s.

Venmo is the new paypal. I don't use venmo but my wife does. The kid down the street did a bunch of yardwork for me and wanted payment by venmo.

My transaction on Alibaba was through my Discover Card. It went through OK, but the vendor was a trusted and well reviewed vendor. It may cost me a bit more, but the next battery order will (again) go through Amy, this time at Shenzhen Luyuan.

I asked this on a different thread- what is a better alternative to Alibaba or Aliexpress? I'm hesitant to use either of those for cells, BMS, etc.

Back