diy solar

diy solar

No power when connected to ground

IDMT

My 304Ah battery with 200A Daly bms shows 12.9v. However, when I connect to ground with my shunt itthe voltage drops to 2.2v. I get no power through my power panel on battery. When connected to shore power I have 13.7 v . Is possibly my shunt bad???

My 304Ah battery with 200A Daly bms shows 12.9v. However, when I connect to ground with my shunt itthe voltage drops to 2.2v. I get no power through my power panel on battery. When connected to shore power I have 13.7 v . Is possibly my shunt bad???

What else is connected to ground?

Can you show us a picture of your connections?
Maybe there is a short in the shunt? How did you connect the positive wire of the shunt?

Can you show us a picture of your connections?
Maybe there is a short in the shunt? How did you connect the positive wire of the shunt?
Positive of shunt to the Positive of the battery with in line fuse

Directly to the frame

So, the only thing connected to ground is the battery? Nothing pulls their (-) from ground?

Why do you even have a battery?

Seriously though, if you are experiencing a precipitous voltage drop when connecting to ground, something connected to (-) ground is pulling so much current, the BMS is registering a short circuit and entering protection mode.

Is there anything connected to ground that pulls a load? An inverter?

Back