diy solar

diy solar

No terminal block

Brookman

I bought a GIANDEL 2200W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter but thought the solar inputs were a terminal block. The inverter will be mounted where it's not easily accessed so I want a regular outlet elsewhere in the camper. Is it safe/OK to run two extension cords to two single standard outlets?

Your question seems to be a bit off. Solar inputs? Unless I am missing something your Giandel inverter has a battery DC connection input and likely a couple or more 120vAC outlets. Can you run extension cords from these? Certainly, just ensure they are of sufficient amperage capacity for loads you intend to plug in. You could hard wire the extension cord to a ganged outlet in a junction box.

Your question seems to be a bit off. Solar inputs? Unless I am missing something your Giandel inverter has a battery DC connection input and likely a couple or more 120vAC outlets. Can you run extension cords from these? Certainly, just ensure they are of sufficient amperage capacity for loads you intend to plug in. You could hard wire the extension cord to a ganged outlet in a junction box.
Thank you. That was my question. This inverter has inputs for solar panels, and they look similar to a terminal block, which is what I was planning to use.

Could you name the inverter model?

I think this model.
Looks like it have a pwm controller

Interesting, I had not seen a mobile small inverter with a built in PWM SCC before.
More and more models are coming.
Even Victron have one today but its a small unit (250watts puur sinus model)
And a pwm controller is a simpel unit so its easy to beult in.

diy solar

diy solar
Back