diy solar

diy solar

Not all Drill-Free roof mounts are made the same.

Tony S

Who here has used the Drill-Free roof mounts?

I'm curious, which style did you have between the 2 shown below? (It can be in black or white)
If you had what I refer to as the "Bad Style" - Did you have any issues drilling and securing your panel?

Before I knew there was a difference:
I ordered some and I was not happy with what I received = the bad style.
WHY - The supports where you drill the hole to secure the panel in place to the plastic part is different - poorly made IMPO.
The style that Will had in his video are solid as shown in the picture below, called Good Style.
On the back side of the face where the screw will pass through to the inside, and then into the panel, is solid all the way through.
Unlike what I refer to as the "Bad style".
What I got has a thin straight piece to complete the span to the inside of the mount, right in the middle of where a mounting screw will pass through.
This means one can drill off at an angle when hitting the straight part or it can not hold as well when you go to tighten up the screws, should that part crack.

Maybe I'm too picky. It just a person preference.
Anyways, I thought it was a cheap short cut in the molding process by whoever had them made. So I sent mine back.
I'm only buying the style that are solid and I thought I share this finding, for whoever might be interested, in this kind of drill-free roof mounting system.

Let me know which style you used and what you thought about it.

Thanks for your time,
Tony

1690207038903.jpeg

1690207060339.jpeg

Back