diy solar

diy solar

Not getting voltage at pv terminals

Why would the Victron SCC show 13.5V battery if BMSs were shut down? Bleed out from SCC?
My thoughts are it's trying to charge the batteries but the power has nowhere to go and that's why it's in float. Where I'm confused is the 0.96v at the battery terminals, could be a fuse / breaker tripped. Pictures are worth thousands of words...
Curious if Victron shows 13.5V when the sun's down.
That's an excellent thought....

My thoughts are it's trying to charge the batteries but the power has nowhere to go and that's why it's in float. Where I'm confused is the 0.96v at the battery terminals, could be a fuse / breaker tripped. Pictures are worth thousands of words...

That's an excellent thought....
What scc.

These are readings this sunny morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0884.jpeg
    IMG_0884.jpeg
    761 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    732.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0882.jpeg
    IMG_0882.jpeg
    874.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0880.jpeg
    IMG_0880.jpeg
    688.3 KB · Views: 12
Settings

Attachments

• IMG_0890.png
    IMG_0890.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0889.png
    IMG_0889.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0887.png
    IMG_0887.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0886.png
    IMG_0886.png
    56 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0885.png
    IMG_0885.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0888.png
    IMG_0888.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 7
Have you tried isolating to one battery to see if you still have issues?
Did you meter before and after the MRBF fuse to make sure it isn't blown?

I'm not familiar with Victron, I'm sure someone else will chime in on those settings.

Based on the settings, you're using the rotary switch position #7 to control your charge parameters. Based on the manual, that means that your bulk charge will be 14.2v and your float voltage will be 13.5v.

That means that your battery will charge up to 14.2v and once that is reached it will stop charging and switch to the float voltage of 13.5v which it will maintain until the battery voltage drops below 13.5v and then it will resume the bulk charging cycle all over again.

I don't believe that the Victron app will show a battery voltage unless a battery is actually connected, so at least 1 of the two of your batteries seems like it's working as it should.

Can you show us where you're voltmeter is connected to when you're reading 0.98v? We can see the readings, but not testing points.

Like some of the others have said, I think you will want to disconnect the batteries and try and get voltages on each individual battery with nothing else connected. That way you can verify you're getting proper voltage from each battery.

Back