diy solar

diy solar

Not sure how to set up BMS and charger for new build of CATL 306ah

cjcl

Have 306ah batteries built in new EEL battery boxes with JK-BMS JK_B1A8S20P. Downloaded app have been charging with Victron IP22 30A charger for 24 hours. App says batteries are fully charged however charger is still on bulk charge. App says battery is at 13.46v cell average is 3.365. I'm a newby and not sure if everything is setup correctly. I changed the size and number of cells in the app to match and everything else is where it was, default settings I guess. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

What app says they're fully charged?

How many 306Ah batteries do you have? Assuming you built them from CATL 306Ah cells, and they're 4S, but it sounds like you built more than one battery.

Cells typically ship at 30-40% SoC, so you may need to put in 210Ah per battery. That's 7 hours @ 30A.

Are you getting 30A per victronconnect?

If you're using alligator clips, you may be seeing a notable voltage drop between the charger and the battery terminals.

When the BMS reports 13.46V, what does the charger say? Volts and amps?

The app is the JK BMS app. I have two batteries but am charging them for the first time individually, not connected to anything else. The JK app said they were at 68%, 210ah, when I started, now are showing 100% and 306ah The Victron charger said it was at 28.4 amps when the JK app was showing 13.46V.
I unplugged it overnight, just turned it back on, the Victron charger is showing 13.72V and 30A. The JK app says it's getting 13.63V and 28.4A. According to the JK app the individual cells went up in voltage overnight, they were showing 3.365V last night and are showing 3.421V avg. I lowered the balance start up on the JK app from 3.45V to 3.35V, is that an issue?
What should the voltage show when it is topped off, per individual cell and the 4 cells together?

Charger to 14.4V. Each cell balanced at 3.6V when battery is at 14.4V.

The BMS won't be fully accurate until you've fully charged the battery to at least 3.50V/cell. For a first charge, best to go to 14.4V/3.60V per cell.

Balance start at 3.40

Back