diy solar

diy solar

On Peak and demand shaving from electric bill

If you go with SolarEdge, you are mostly stuck with using their products, which gets quite pricy. You can attach anything to the Sol-Ark. If you want a sol-ark quote, go to their website to find an installer near you.
Thank you. I didn't see the installer list.

Sol-ark has grid support feature that seems to be what you want.

Don't forget the 30% federal tax credit.
Does this tax credit still exist for this year? If so, is it fir eg4 stuff like batteries and inverters, and what about like ground mount framing bolts and combiner boxes and solar panels? Thanks I’m advance

Does this tax credit still exist for this year? If so, is it fir eg4 stuff like batteries and inverters, and what about like ground mount framing bolts and combiner boxes and solar panels? Thanks I’m advance
30% until 2032 (unless future legislation changes that). Also assumes you can benefit from the credit. Includes all the things you listed if required for installing and operating solar or batteries.

The power outages was just the proverbial straw. My original intent was an off-grid battery to support time of use, but if that requires a $6k+ inverter setup, might as well add panels, which I can't/don't want to attempt to install myself.

On the positive side, the huge rate increase that was just passed really helps with the ROI calculation! :)
If all you want to do is zero grid use between 3pm-8pm, for example, then growatt grid tied inverter would work. That would save you some coin. Don't forget the tax credit to offset some of the costs.

Isolation switch would be required for the growatt to use when grid down. That is built into the sol-ark 15k. But, if you design the electrical to take the system out of the circuit for repairs/maintenance, then cost is same for both.

Last edited:
Back