diy solar

diy solar

Ordered 8x280ah CATL Cells from Eva at BatteryFinds

MayaKinger

Hi I'm new here.

After I asked many suppliers, I ordered 8pcs of CATL 280ah from Eva of Battery Finds. Although there is little information about them on the forum, I am tired of the scams of Alibaba and AliExpress.

Eva showed me the video of the CATL cells before shipping. And also have their own test capacity data, the capacity is 280Ah! incredible.

I will update this thread.

Last edited:
So you're tired of the scams and you decided to order from an unknown vendor? Good luck, let us know how it works out a few months from now.

I have good results with Jenny Wu from Docan Tech and have just ordered another 32. It looks like the price was a lot more from Battery Finds than Docan. My Cells should be here on Tuesday. Why try to fix something that is not broken?

So you're tired of the scams and you decided to order from an unknown vendor? Good luck, let us know how it works out a few months from now.
Of course, I didn't make a hasty decision. Everything seems to be fine with my battery, judging from the video Eva sent me. But there seems to be something wrong and the video doesn't show up.

I will keep updating.

I have good results with Jenny Wu from Docan Tech and have just ordered another 32. It looks like the price was a lot more from Battery Finds than Docan. My Cells should be here on Tuesday. Why try to fix something that is not broken?
I seem to be missing a comparison. Let us know how your cells work out? Ths bro.

I ordered 32 cells on April 20th from Jenny Wu (Docan). They arrived on April 26th. I installed them on April 27th after verifying all of the cell voltages. They were all at 3.01- 3.02 volts. I do not top balance the cells. All of the cells were well packed in perfect condition. I use an automotive headlight with alligator clips to discharge if necessary or a charger after the cells approach 3.5 volts. It just makes sense to me to just start to use them. Why spend all the time charging and discharging and top balancing when you know the Cells are going to perform well. Quality Cells perform exceedingly well. The cost was $4768 +$30 bank fee including shipping. 280 ah cells which always have more capacity than 280ah.

Attachments

• 20220429_220816.jpg
    20220429_220816.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220429_220911.jpg
    20220429_220911.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 12
What you are describing is similar to the bottom-balance technique, but not quite - something in between which usually goes haywire given enough time.

The reason people pick either top or bottom balance depending on application, is so that they don't have to babysit the bank with charger in one hand, and dump-load on the other, every cycle.

A third hand is needed to run the voltmeter across all 32 cells while doing this tapdance. :)

What you are describing is similar to the bottom-balance technique, but not quite - something in between which usually goes haywire given enough time.

The reason people pick either top or bottom balance depending on application, is so that they don't have to babysit the bank with charger in one hand, and dump-load on the other, every cycle.

A third hand is needed to run the voltmeter across all 32 cells while doing this tapdance. :)
I do not use the voltmeter while doing the tapdance. I use the two BMS's which have bluetooth to give me all the information. The Overkill BMS has some excellent bluetooth with a good range. It highlights the Cell that is the highest and the lowest to make it easy to determine which Cell needs adjusting. Yes it does take a bit of time but once you do it then the Cells do not require continual babysitting.

I do not use the voltmeter while doing the tapdance. I use the two BMS's which have bluetooth to give me all the information. The Overkill BMS has some excellent bluetooth with a good range. It highlights the Cell that is the highest and the lowest to make it easy to determine which Cell needs adjusting. Yes it does take a bit of time but once you do it then the Cells do not require continual babysitting.
Sounds like you are doing what I would call a ... manual top balance.
You are top balancing the cells .... just no configuring them in parallel to do it.

I did mine in a similar way.

I have recently ordered two batches of CATL 302 Ah from batteryfinds.com. The first batch of 4 cells had original qr codes were original, but a little swollen, unfortunately I did not attach any importance to this.
The second batch was definitely used CATL cells with fake QR codes:
001CB310000008BAF030256
001CB310000008BAF030312
001CB310000008BAF030316
001CB310000008BAF030274
1) code consist of 24 symbols instead of 23
2) cell capacity according to code 280Ah instead of 302Ah
3) production date of the cells can't be decoded
Cells capacity is 270-280 Ah.

I don't recommend them. You don't know what you will get from them. They don’t even know what they are selling and will try to convince that everything is fine and that’s how it should be.
Avoid batteryfinds to save you time and money.

Attachments

• code1.jpg
    code1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 16
  • code2.jpg
    code2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 16
  • code3.jpg
    code3.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 15
  • code4.jpg
    code4.jpg