diy solar

diy solar

First cells purchase from Alibaba

LX4.5

Bipolar Nerd
Hi,

Yesterday I finally made my first LFP cells purchase from Alibaba.

I ordered: 4* LF280K version 3 and 1* BMS JK B2A8S20P.

I made the payment yesterday and the cells are expected to arrive in two months, I already have butterflies in my stomach that I think will become an ulcer by the time the cells arrive

I hope that this might help first time buyers who might be in the same position I was in.

How it all started:

• The first time I saw a LFP cell was when I stumbled on a YouTube video with a guy with cubical shaped blue plastic things (that guy is Will Prowse) and my reaction was what the heck is that?!!! And I learned that these are no other than Lifepo4 cells.
  • After that I watched about (30 – 40) of Andy’s videos from Off-Grid Garage YouTube channel where I went deep into the Lithium MO.
  • I spent about 2 weeks browsing through the Diysolarforum where I learned a lot about prismatic LFP cells types, manufacturers, prices, quality, grades (A, B, C…), suppliers, uses, prices and a lot more.

The suppliers:

I used the forum to gather information about recommended Alibaba Suppliers, I made a list and I contacted them.

I cannot give cells reviews since I didn’t buy from all of them, but I can give feedback on communication with them.

PS: at first, I was planning to buy from Docan/Jenny Wu after watching Ray’s YouTube video about buying from Alibaba, but I was discouraged after reading several reviews and comments here on the forum (I’m talking to you @Alkaline ).

Dongguan Anzhi/ Cassie Zhang: Good communication, Professional.

Shenzhen Basen/ Sheila Basen: very fast response, efficient, Professional.

Docan: Unsure.

Shenzhen Xuba/ Brian Chen: very fast response, helpful, Professional. (recommend)

Shenzhen Luyuan/ Amy Wan: what can I say?! Amy is in a league of her own, I was having difficulties with shipping, she managed to put me in contact with a shipping agent that gave an offer of 50$ DDP (the lowest offer I got was 270$ DDU), and by the way Luyuan prices are not that expensive as some have stated.

TL; DR: I was coerced by some members on this forum into buying from Shenzhen Luyuan (I’m talking to you @Steve_S ) and i was not disappointed (yet).

Last edited:
Hi,

Yesterday I finally made my first LFP cells purchase from Alibaba.

I ordered: 4* LF280K version 3 and 1* BMS JK B2A8S20P.

I made the payment yesterday and the cells are expected to arrive in two months, I already have butterflies in my stomach that I think will become an ulcer by the time the cells arrive

I hope that this might help first time buyers who might be in the same position I was in.

How it all started:

• The first time I saw a LFP cell was when I stumbled on a YouTube video with a guy with cubical shaped blue plastic things (that guy is Will Prowse) and my reaction was what the heck is that?!!! And I learned that these are no other than Lifepo4 cells.
  • After that I watched about (30 – 40) of Andy’s videos from Off-Grid Garage YouTube channel where I went deep into the Lithium MO.
  • I spent about 2 weeks browsing through the Diysolarforum where I learned a lot about prismatic LFP cells types, manufacturers, prices, quality, grades (A, B, C…), suppliers, uses, prices and a lot more.

The suppliers:

I used the forum to gather information about recommended Alibaba Suppliers, I made a list and I contacted them.

I cannot give cells reviews since I didn’t buy from all of them, but I can give feedback on communication with them.

PS: at first, I was planning to buy from Docan/Jenny Wu after watching Ray’s YouTube video about buying from Alibaba, but I was discouraged after reading several reviews and comments here on the forum (I’m talking to you @Alkaline ).

Dongguan Anzhi/ Cassie Zhang: Good communication, Professional.

Shenzhen Basen/ Sheila Basen: very fast response, efficient, Professional.

Docan: Unsure.

Shenzhen Xuba/ Brian Chen: very fast response, helpful, Professional. (recommend)

Shenzhen Luyuan/ Amy Wan: what can I say?! Amy is in a league of her own, I was having difficulties with shipping, she managed to put me in contact with a shipping agent that gave an offer of 50$ DDP (the lowest offer I got was 270$ DDU), and by the way Luyuan prices are that expensive as some have stated.

TL; DR: I was coerced by some members on this forum into buying from Shenzhen Luyuan (I’m talking to you @Steve_S ) and i was not disappointing (yet).
Until 18650 battery store came along with grade A EVE cells, my last 64 cells came from Amy at SLT. They were the best from Aliblabla. Dongguan Lightning’s we’re ok. Steer very clear of Sanben and their bloated used rewrapped cells.

Shenzhen Luyuan/ Amy Wan: what can I say?! Amy is in a league of her own, I was having difficulties with shipping, she managed to put me in contact with a shipping agent that gave an offer of 50$ DDP (the lowest offer I got was 270$ DDU), and by the way Luyuan prices are not that expensive as some have stated.

I was coerced by some members on this forum into buying from Shenzhen Luyuan (I’m talking to you @Steve_S ) and i was not disappointed (yet).
me coerced anyone to do anything ? WHUT ??
Amy will do as Amy always does, delivers the goods exactly as stated.

me coerced anyone to do anything ? WHUT ??
Amy will do as Amy always does, delivers the goods exactly as stated.
Sorry @Steve_S, i was joking, I used "coerced" for the the "comedic effect", what i actually meant is influenced (in a good way).

actually my decision to choose to go with Luyuan/ Amy was based on many reviews about here on the forum, but to be honest, your posts had the most influence.

so what is the price difference between what you ordered with shipping, and an off the shelf Lifepo4?

I mean what Signature solar sells them for.
sorry i have no idea about the prices at Signature solar (I am in Lebanon/ Middle East).
but we have one supplier here who offers (Grade A) cells but you cannot verify anything with him (QR codes, IR, Voltage, storage duration...) and the communication is almost non existing, still, Luyuan's Cells cost plus shipping are still cheaper by about 20%.

Good luck with your project. (y)
What is the total cost including shipping? How does it compare with buying from US?

Good luck with your project. (y)
What is the total cost including shipping? How does it compare with buying from US?
Thank you, I can't say about buying from US, but the total cost came about 530$ shipping included

Until 18650 battery store came along with grade A EVE cells, my last 64 cells came from Amy at SLT. They were the best from Aliblabla. Dongguan Lightning’s we’re ok. Steer very clear of Sanben and their bloated used rewrapped cells.
I'm new in this forum. I'm Reading and looking for a honest and reliable supplier of EVE or CATL Battery cells. Is Dongguan Lightning=(same as) Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.?

Just got a nice quote from Amy. Looking at EVE 304s at 8s configuration, active balancing BMS, nice metal case, flexible bus bars and insulation sheets. Shipping quote was reasonable.

Each cell will include test data and they are Grade A.

The total price is about what I paid for 8 CATL 302 batteries alone about two years ago at ??? grade from a group buy. The CATLs tested below capacity after top balancing. For what I need they work fine but I wanted to try a batch of top quality cells this time around. I strongly considered another vendor or two mentioned here since they have gotten good reports. I elected to buy from someone closer to the source and who has an outstanding reputation for top quality merchandise. Pricing is better than what I could have gotten from here in the states for the same specs and I am not in a hurry. They are also batched and matched and automotive grade.

Last edited:
Update: I received the cells & BMS in January after 70 days (sea freight), the packaging was very good, the cells were in mint condition.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Last edited:
Back