diy solar

diy solar

Oukitel P2001 Portable Power Station annoying relay click and beep

fatjay

Solar Enthusiast
I recently bought the oukitel and paired it with 2 240w sharp panels in series to power my deep freeze. It's been working great, with one exception.

In the evening, when there is just barely any light, the panel input is registering 000 watts, but a trickle is flowing through periodically. Any time solar power is provided, it beeps, a relay clicks, and it starts charging. However, during this low light transition from something to nothing, the panels will send through some voltage, the relays will slam shut, it will beep, then the relays will open, and repeat. Every 2-3 seconds. At which point I'll unplug my solar panels to get rid of the annoying beep, and additional wear on the relay.

Since the relay is a mechanical part, I would like to avoid putting excessive wear on it. I've let it go for 10-15min hoping it would stop, but it really keeps going. I was hoping someone could suggest some external threshold relay that wouldn't energize beyond basic voltages. I am not sure it would even work as I want, it would just energize periodically, then send the voltage through and the power station would do the same thing.

cHf5rc3.jpg

Back