diy solar

diy solar

Outdoor Battery Distance from other property

tiofilo

For the outdoor EG4 power pro does the enclosure have any sort of fire ratings? I am looking at the following California Electrical Code:

322.4.3.1Distance from storage to exposures.​

Outdoor storage of lithium-ion or lithium metal batteries, including storage beneath weather protection in accordance with Section 414.6.1 of the California Building Code, shall comply with one of the following:

1. Battery storage shall be located not less than 20 feet (6096 mm) from any building, lot line, public street, public alley, public way or means of egress.
  2. Battery storage shall be located not less than 3 feet (914 mm) from any building, lot line, public street, public alley, public way or means of egress where the battery storage is separated by a 2-hour fire-resistance-rated assembly without openings or penetrations and extending 5 feet (1524 mm) above and to the sides of the battery storage area.
  3. Battery storage shall be located not less than 3 feet (914 mm) from any building, lot line, public street, public alley, public way or means of egress where batteries are contained in approved prefabricated portable structures providing a complete 2-hour fire-resistance-rated enclosure.

I am hoping that it would be able to meet either 2 or 3 so that I can keep it close to my electrical panel and not have to relocated to meet the 20ft limit.

diy solar

diy solar
Back