diy solar

diy solar

Outdoor temperatures

Boo3

It is August in Florida. That means that we frequently see temps near 100 degrees. I had been using a solar system installed in an insulated metal shed that did not seem to suffer from the hear. I have an exhaust fan and an inlet to draw the outside air across the solar inverter and batteries and never saw the reported temperature over 110 degrees. How concerned about temperatures are you all that assembled your systems in a non-air conditioned shed?

It is difficult right now to keep temps below 90. I may have to put a roof above my shed for shade.

Most user manuals for inverters says the inverter will de-rate the output with over 45 degrees celcius.
So the colder the better.
If it gets too warm the inverter might shut down.

I live in the desert near Big Bend National Park, it stays for a couple of months over 110F here. I have my charge controllers and inverters in the shade at all times, no a/c...I don't even use a/c in my hut, lol. It has never affected anything in the past 5 years. Right now the epever cc is showing 127F on the laptop/software, but it is under 100 outside today. Normally runs near 150f.

diy solar

diy solar
Back