diy solar

diy solar

Output 240VAC split phase from 120VAC Inverter

JWLV

-.-. --.-
This is just a thought, not sure if I will actually try to do it. But I'm looking to see if there's something that can take two 120VAC from an EG4 6500EX inverter and turn it into a split phase 240VAC.

The purpose is to use a Level 2 EV charger on the 240VAC.

So far, it seems like the Victron Autotransformer can do this. Is there some other/better/cheaper way to accomplish this?

This is just a thought, not sure if I will actually try to do it. But I'm looking to see if there's something that can take two 120VAC from an EG4 6500EX inverter and turn it into a split phase 240VAC.

The purpose is to use a Level 2 EV charger on the 240VAC.

So far, it seems like the Victron Autotransformer can do this. Is there some other/better/cheaper way to accomplish this?

The answer is an autotransformer. That one will work. Any other that you can find that does the same thing will work too.

Another answer is sell the 6500EX and buy a split phase AIO, could make money on the deal without the cost of the autotransformer depending on what you buy.
Now that I think about it you could also add another EX for split phase.

While we're on the subject of autotransformers, would something like this: Autotransformer work for converting the 120v output of a 3000w generator to the 240v input of an AIO like the EG4 6000XP?

You know, in case I want to upgrade my 120v AIO inverter to something like that but don't want (or need) to upgrade my 120v generator.

diy solar

diy solar
Back