diy solar

diy solar

Panel number question

• Thread starter Deleted member 1888
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1888

Im looking at building a 48v system with 12 300 w panels. The problem is I cant run them all in series OR parallel I will have to combine the 2. I know that with batteries you must do things in 1 (12v),2 (24v),4 (48V). Is there any similar rules for the panels like say 3 in series and vs 4 in series? Im thinking of 3 parallel setts 4 panels in series would this work? If not what are the rules on this?

That did not answer my question and I don't see the answer in the post you sent.

Much depends on your solar controller and what it can handle and how. If you have already selected a solar controller, post the info / specs / link as appropriate. If you haven't as yet, then you have some flexibility. I run a 2kw array 4s2p of Canadian Solar CS260P, I see 200V hit my Midnite Classic 200 and just under 2000w, it charges my 24V bank with a max of 79A (controller rating) fairly quick. Adjustments to follow when I switch to the new LifePO pack.

That did not answer my question and I don't see the answer in the post you sent.

Back