diy solar

diy solar

Parallel inverters and ac charge rate

Nakor

HI all! New to the forum, so apologies if this is an old question - a quick search found nothing...

I'm currently spec'ing out a battery storage + solar install for my house. I'll be building a DIY 48V LifePo4 battery (tying to decide between 14 and 28kWh) and initially using it to take advantage of cheap electricity prices overnight (I'm based in Scotland). Eventually I'll add solar panels to top the batteries up (during spring/summer/autumn). I'm looking at a parallel inverter setup for something like 12-15kW continuous AC output maximum.

My question is about the battery connection/charging. Ideally I want to AC charge my battery at ~150amps so I can fill it in 4 hours (it will have a 200 amp bms). If I have 2 parallel inverters - each capable of AC charging the battery at 100amps - will they share the charging burden? I'm not sure if they would co-ordinate in this way. And if not, could I split the battery in two and have each connected to its own inverter to achieve the same effect? What would be the pros/cons/potential dangers of a split battery configuration?

Thanks in advance!

Sol-Ark will share the battery charging when in parallel. The manual says to set the charge rate you want from each inverter (75 amps in your case for 2 inverters), and not the total charge rate (150 amps).

I assume other parallel capable inverters are similar, but don't know for sure.

Sol-Ark does not support split battery. It is enough math to divide up load with varrying PV on each inverter. It may not be able to compensate for varrying battery on each inverter.

Sol-Ark will share the battery charging when in parallel. The manual says to set the charge rate you want from each inverter (75 amps in your case for 2 inverters), and not the total charge rate (150 amps).

I assume other parallel capable inverters are similar, but don't know for sure.

Sol-Ark does not support split battery. It is enough math to divide up load with varrying PV on each inverter. It may not be able to compensate for varrying battery on each inverter.
again guys, sol-ark is 120/240 only..
if reffering to this type of inverter outside the 120/240v geo, reffer to deye/sunsynk..

and indeed paralleled inverters need to be connected to the same batterybank .

they will share both the load, charge and offgrid burden, question to the OP would be :
consider if you would want that for charging.
inverters consume at idle energy too ( in case of deye/sunsynk/sol-ark about 60-80w , my past mpp solar mpi series could use up to 150w per inverter), and may have implications on your battery size

Last edited:
Back