diy solar

diy solar

Parallel setup: how much power do I losev

DrfluffyMD

Hey guys, I am using some off brand bifacial 200w with Ecoflow Delta Pro Ultra.

DPU’s high voltage MPPT can take up to 450v and pull up to 15A

My panel has a VOC of 28.56 and IMP of 8.22A. I want to build a 16 panel array which unfortunately would put the VOC to 456.

If I build a parallel of 2x8 panel array, it would be under 450 for VOC however I notice that my array would develop up to 8.5A.

My question is, would I lose a lot of power If I do a 8s2p system when the IMP of the parallel system would be up to 16.44A and the MPPT can only pull 15A? Or would the voltage simply rise since inverter isn’t pulling max current and I will still be on the maximum power curve?

Hey guys, I am using some off brand bifacial 200w with Ecoflow Delta Pro Ultra.

DPU’s high voltage MPPT can take up to 450v and pull up to 15A

My panel has a VOC of 28.56 and IMP of 8.22A. I want to build a 16 panel array which unfortunately would put the VOC to 456.

If I build a parallel of 2x8 panel array, it would be under 450 for VOC however I notice that my array would develop up to 8.5A.

My question is, would I lose a lot of power If I do a 8s2p system when the IMP of the parallel system would be up to 16.44A and the MPPT can only pull 15A? Or would the voltage simply rise since inverter isn’t pulling max current and I will still be on the maximum power curve?
I wouldn't worry about it, being that close.
You are rarely going to see perfect conditions to get full output.

I wouldn't worry about it, being that close.
You are rarely going to see perfect conditions to get full output.
I been seeing that amperage from 1pm to 4pm daily. Mppt can take 4kw and the array is only 3.2kw. I think i’ll give the parallel operation a try to help with shading though. Its ground mount and all panels face southwest

diy solar

diy solar
Back