diy solar

diy solar

Parallel three EPEVER Tracer4215BN, need help

Louisesu

I have four Chins 300ah LifePO4 batteries parallel by busbars, each #2 red wire with one 100amp inline circuit breakers. Charge by three EPEVER Tracer4215BN, each connect to 600w Solar Panels (3S2P), three charge controllers parallel by another set busbars with #4 wires, between each red wire with one 60amp inline circuit breakers too. And the 3rd set busbar use #2 wires connect to charge control's busbar and battery's busbar, plus my 1500w inverter, and 12v socket. The weird things is, each MT50 show different battery voltage, higher current higher voltage, for example, 30a 14.2v, 24a 14.0v, 13a 13.8v, this make charge controls enter floating earlier. I need either change all setting to higher voltage, remove one charge control or block few solar panels to make it work. How to solve this problem? Why everyday noon, when amp start getting higher voltage also getting higher (but not actually battery voltage, because battery only 70% full) What do I do wrong?

It sounds like it's working normally to me. Each separate string of 600 watt panels will develop different voltage and current levels with regard to the other two strings. Each controller takes that input and converts it to a charge voltage for the battery bank. I would actually be a bit surprised if you ever saw all three controllers reporting the same exact input voltage and current, because each string of panels is receiving slightly different solar input

Don

I have had to Tracers connected to the same battery. It is common that there is a slight voltage drop between the charger and the battery. So the charger behavior is based on what voltage it sees rather than the battery voltage. Only when the battery was down a bit would both chargers really work hard. Normally one of them was working a lot harder than the other. The voltage difference between the battery and the charger will increase as your charging amps go up (v=i*r) so this happening when you have lots of solar power is expected as well. As Don say, seems rather normal. Not ideal.

You might try doubling up some of your wiring (to lower resistance) and see if you can detect a change that is helpful.

Thank you for the answers. my problem is mt50 show battery voltage spike to 14.2v which make chargers enter float mode(both green lights flash) and chargers misunderstand batteries are almost full and start charge slower. I will try doubling up some wiring. Thanks!

Back