diy solar

diy solar

Parrelling up cheaper 12V lifepo4's

Gros21

Well i need high current to run some winching batterys (400A+) most of the cheaper 12V batterys have smaller BMS's so im considering running 3-4 x 200ah batterys with 150A BMS's. These will be charged via my cars standard alternator (not smart type) a smaller solar pannel will also be used.
The batterys will be china specials and likely still be cheaper than a single N200/8D caterpillar battery which is around 1500CCA but noware near the storage

Yep as the current draw will be unregular im presuming they will level out over the week till they are used again.
Also in a car you generally dont want to parallel batts as they will act as a load on each other however these should be matched and have a lower internal impedance ( I can measure this if needed)

Ill likely use busbar to wire these.
While its Absolutely easier to run 1 or 2 truck battery's this is much about playing with lithium and weight savings.

Im currently running lithium's on my Harleys (norco nlp30 and nlp20) im a fan and they don't seem to suffer the same voltage drop as the old AGM when cranking a high comp motor.

Also if i run 4 x 12v battery's it would be easy to convert it into a 48V system

Back