diy solar

diy solar

Pass through Victron MultiPlus II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V

psolver

I have a Victron MultiPlus II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V, and I would like to run my shore power with out turning on my inverter is this possible ?

Transfer switch on the AC lines after the first inverter? Bypassing the multiplus all together

Only way I can think of is a bypass switch BEFORE the inverter. Should be able to find one that directs shore power either directly to a panel downstream of the inverter (bypassing it) or through the inverter. Just need to make sure it doesn't then backfeed into the inverter.

Only way I can think of is a bypass switch BEFORE the inverter. Should be able to find one that directs shore power either directly to a panel downstream of the inverter (bypassing it) or through the inverter. Just need to make sure it doesn't then backfeed into the inverter.

Thats the trouble with having the switch before the inverter , switch goes after inverter

He's got loads he wants to power from either inverter , or mains electric

simplest way forward is to install a transfer switch that can select between the mains (utility) electric and the AC output from the inverter

So only one type of power is getting into the system at any one time, no issues with back feeding

Thats the trouble with having the switch before the inverter , switch goes after inverter

simplest way forward is to install a transfer switch that can select between the mains (utility) electric and the AC output from the inverter

So only one type of power is getting into the system at any one time, no issues with back feeding
This is the way. Using a 50a RV transfer switch just like an RV would. Except instead of the transfer switch being using for Shore Power/Gen, it would be Shore Power/Victron

I have a Victron MultiPlus II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V, and I would like to run my shore power with out turning on my inverter is this possible ?

As you've seen by the above supplies, the answer is no. There is no switch on the Victron to just pass through the shore power.

Why do you want to do this? Are you trying to avoid charging your batteries?

Ah - This makes sense to me. Transfer switch kicks over to shore power if no AC detected from inverter. Got it.

There are times when I don’t want the load on my generator and times when I don’t want to leave tune inverter on

Back