diy solar

diy solar

Permit Package Generator Software Recommendations

rcoleblack

Hi y'all. This biggest thing that I'm seeing as a roadblock is getting a permit package together for grid tied systems. There seems to be no good/easy online tools other that Iron Ridge Design center, but that has its limitations. On a lot of older posts I'm seeing solardesigntool.com was great for this but that seems to have been boughten up by Lyra. Lyra looks to require a 20 permit packages a year to sign up. My guess is I'll really only be doing a handful of systems per year for myself and friends.

For one systems I'm wanting to install, I used Iron Ridge and got like 75% to what I want. But they don't have the EG4 18K inverter on there and thats the inverter I'm wanting to use. Right now I've designed it with a solark 15k and that gets it close but not close enough. I could probably manually modify the pdf in Acrobat for the EG4 but I started doing that and just thought there has to be a better way.

Anyone here on the forum offering to do permit packages? Seems like there has to be someone out here doing that. I'm willing to pay a few hundred dollars for it. Already paid $100 for an EagleView roof report.

Back