diy solar

diy solar

Personal Rapid Transport

Nobodybusiness

Collecting the leftovers of the Great Sky Reactor.
How many of you have heard of PRT?
Cabintaxi? Ect?

The only reason I can understand why this hasn’t been widely accepted and implemented is Lobbying.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Getting in a personal cab and be taken directly to a place or near a place wouldn’t be that hard.

Not to mention it would cut down on Cars on the road.

Think if you had giant park and go type facilities all up and down I-95 where you could be in DC and then make a nonstop trip via PRT to Miami at 100+ MPh without have to interact once ( other than stopping for drink, bathroom breaks Ect)

Now do that for every major E-W and N-S corridor.

Then if you really wanted to be creative do it inside the cities.

Obviously this wouldn’t work for everyone living outside the area of influence but once you entered that area you could use it.

Think of the commerce that could be generated from that.

Bus, trains, light rail all go specific places and you have to stop at everyone along the way.
With PRT it’s direct each time.

I truly hope we can get to that one day.

Can you imagine being in your home and have a Heart attack. Jump into your PRT parked in garage. Push a emergency button and being whisked priority and quickly to a nearby trauma center?

Or Living in one city and working in another?

Obviously if we want to go somewhere not available on PRT we would still have to have personal conveyances but think how many time you would actually use them.

Self driving cars will replace Uber and Lyft, if you don't need a driver you can compete at much lower prices.

Cabintaxi? Ect?

The only reason I can understand why this hasn’t been widely accepted and implemented is Lobbying.

Getting in a personal cab and be taken directly to a place or near a place wouldn’t be that hard.

Think if you had giant park and go type facilities all up and down I-95 where you could be in DC and then make a nonstop trip via PRT to Miami at 100+ MPh without have to interact once ( other than stopping for drink, bathroom breaks Ect)

Obviously this wouldn’t work for everyone living outside the area of influence but once you entered that area you could use it.

Bus, trains, light rail all go specific places and you have to stop at everyone along the way.

Can you imagine being in your home and have a Heart attack. Jump into your PRT parked in garage. Push a emergency button and being whisked priority and quickly to a nearby trauma center?

Obviously if we want to go somewhere not available on PRT we would still have to have personal conveyances but think how many time you would actually use them.
Sounds like a recipe that the nanny state would love to implement. Next entitlement? Let's do it! Maybe have them carry you to the PRT from your bed too?

Cabintaxi? Ect?

Im sure some big corporation will reap huge profits with this robo driver doing something I do just fine for myself now. And convince dopey people it saves the planet with batteries that go in a landfill every 7 years. Meanwhile this is what green is really about:

Toyota built that car 40 years ago and its gone 811k on the original engine and transmission. And gets 52 mpg. Joe Biden wants us all in $100,000 Teslas that have how long of a service life?

Green is making a car that is viable for decades.

Im sure some big corporation will reap huge profits with this robo driver doing something I do just fine for myself now. And convince dopey people it saves the planet with batteries that go in a landfill every 7 years. Meanwhile this is what green is really about:

Toyota built that car 40 years ago and its gone 811k on the original engine and transmission. And gets 52 mpg. Joe Biden wants us all in $100,000 Teslas that have how long of a service life?

Green is making a car that is viable for decades.
I’m not talking about electric cars. The original thread Was for PRT it is different. Look up Cabintaxi.

Back