diy solar

diy solar

please help to choose a fuse for a 12v 105Ah battery

tangerine-pank

Hello everybody,
I immediately apologize for the language - I am writing using a translator...
before writing here i watched a lot of videos on youtube and also read a lot of threads on the forum about fuses and lost my feet in finding the right solution, that's why I decided to ask for help
briefly about my battery:
it is planned to be used as a backup power source during a blackout, something like a UPS, or simply - battery + inverter + charger
configuration:
12V 1200W battery based on 4 cell EVE LF105
inverter 800W (1600W peak) pure sine chinese SUTU ST-1600JZ
charger flatpack 1500 whith charging current 50A
wiring 4AWG silicone cable form aliexpress
bms jkbms B1A8S10P
I'm completely new to this.
I have my own channel, where I try to cover the process of building such a simple battery and the problems I encounter in the process. Maybe someone is interested))) it’s true that everything is in Ukrainian, but you can understand everything anyway)

I plan to load no more than 50A, but I want it to be able to work at 100A, that is, I expect to consume a maximum of 100A
the essence of the question:
in our region, it is practically impossible to find normal ANL, MEGA, MRBF fuses from such manufacturers as Bussmann, Littlefuse, Blue Sea Systems, and I do not want to buy fakes from AliExpress.
and the choice is limited to HRC type fuses or DC circuit breakers.
among HRC fuses, I chose the Siemens 3NA3 832 model 125A
but when I started looking at the time-current curve, I realized that this fuse will protect against short-circuit current and disconnect the circuit at a current of more than 2kA in a short time, but at a current of 300% of the fuse's rating, it will work for 100 seconds. And such a current is too large for my system - 300A, that is, the 4AWG wires will probably burn out, as well as the BMS. The class of this fuse is gG, and there is also a class aR - they are fast-acting to protect semiconductors, maybe it is better to look for one?
I want to put this fuse to protect the battery immediately after the positive terminal
Did I correctly choose the rated current of the fuse? 125% of the rated current of the wire?
is it necessary to calculate like this - increase the nominal current of the wire by 145%, then divide it by 160% and get the nominal value of the fuse? then it will be somewhere around 90A ...
there is also an idea to put a DC circuit breaker in series with this fuse of this type
aliexpress.com/item/32675248601.html
after these fuses, do I still need to put a fuse on the inverter and on the charger separately for each? what type of fuses is better to choose? inverter - no more than 100A and charger - no more than 50A
I will be very grateful to everyone who responds, or if possible direct to an already existing thread of the forum
thank

Since nobody responded I will, hope you are already past this but, you do what you can with what you have. Fuses are to protect the wires which generally means a dead short or much to high a load. Fuse are not generally to protect equipment. So you just make sure the fuse is 120% of your wire size ampacity and you are good. The same logic applies to pretty much any wiring that has to be protected. That is why cas have a fuse block with many different sizes of fuses. They have many different sizes of wire.

Since your wire can handle more power than your battery can put out I would just use a 120 amp fuse and call it a day. To small a fuse and you will have nuance blows and have to replace it for no reason. If your load is a motor or something else inductive with a high start current I would use a slo-blow type fuse.

Back