diy solar

diy solar

Please Needing Help Quick

Connected in Parallel. Then one positive and one negative to the main DC input on the inverter. System has been fully functional it outputs 120v AC. It accepts PV power from panels…. Just won’t take 120v AC input.

Is there’s a DC Ground fault could it be happening inside the Unit, manufacturing error?
image.jpg

Could be coming from your solar panels. Disconnect the solar, and see if it works.

Predator 4375. I’m now looking at it and the front has a ground terminal. Now what do I do with it?
Just grounding to that terminal won't do much good. Don't need that ground just using an extension cord. But neutral to ground at the generator chassis needs bonded.

I use a plug like this:
61+eSQJg7SL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Can you run a simple double insulated low wattage appliance direct from the gfci plug?
If yes, can you run a 3 prong low wattage appliance direct from the gfci plug, preferably wearing appropriate PPE?
I’ve run chop saws. Skill saws, and my whole camper off the generator all of once no issues. Including the AC unit inside

Connected in Parallel. Then one positive and one negative to the main DC input on the inverter. System has been fully functional it outputs 120v AC. It accepts PV power from panels…. Just won’t take 120v AC input.

Is there’s a DC Ground fault could it be happening inside the Unit, manufacturing error?
View attachment 89067
Your batteries have the alarm light lit. You need to get that figured out.

On the generator or the inverter?
Generator without the inverter connected.
A GCCI trips on a current mismatch between hot and neutral.
It may be that the generator has an n/g bond and so does the inverter or something downstream of the inverter.
Two n/g bonds means that half the return current will flow on the ground and that would trip a GFCI.

So using that plug will fix my issue? I don’t understand why. I’ve used generators to charge through inverters in the past with different setups over the years.
I can't say for sure it will fix what you have going on. But it has fixed many RV inverter or EMS issues where those devices seek a NG bond with an external generator.
This happens with inverters that have relays to form their own NG bond if they are making the ac power. If they are plugged into an outside ac source, they expect that source to be bonded.

Back