diy solar

diy solar

Portable power station

French_guy

Hello,
Is there any good tutorial to build a portable power station using 12V 100Ah mini batteries Redodo or Power Queen for example)? Could be 12V (2p) or 24V (2s2p) and will use the proper inverter accordingly
Not sure what configuration would fit in such cases by the way:
or this:

Not really thinking solar charge for now, it's more about having a 110V power source in case of emergency during a power outage (furnace, sump pump, etc....)

Thanks

Here's one i slapped together with lead acid batteries (they can standby at 100%)

Attachments

• 20231022_091147.jpg
    20231022_091147.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Here is one I slapped together with some spare parts. 100AH lifepo4.

Attachments

• power.jpg
    power.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 13
Hello,
Is there any good tutorial to build a portable power station using 12V 100Ah mini batteries Redodo or Power Queen for example)? Could be 12V (2p) or 24V (2s2p) and will use the proper inverter accordingly
Not sure what configuration would fit in such cases by the way:
or this:

Not really thinking solar charge for now, it's more about having a 110V power source in case of emergency during a power outage (furnace, sump pump, etc....)

Thanks

I'm assuming the room in the rolling tool box is similar to the Milwaukee packouts. Can fit three minis in mine. Can also do the same in a packout crate but the terminals sit above the top of the crate. I'd suggest paralleling three for 12V 300Ah. Then have the inverter/charger mounted on top of the lid or on the handles.

20230914_141957.jpg

20231012_190918.jpg

I'm assuming the room in the rolling tool box is similar to the Milwaukee packouts. Can fit three minis in mine. Can also do the same in a packout crate but the terminals sit above the top of the crate. I'd suggest paralleling three for 12V 300Ah. Then have the inverter/charger mounted on top of the lid or on the handles.

View attachment 174845

View attachment 174850
How are you wiring the 3 batteries in parallel? I see 2 fuses......and how does the smart battery sense work exactly?

How are you wiring the 3 batteries in parallel? I see 2 fuses......and how does the smart battery sense work exactly?
Those aren't connected together there, I was just checking to see how they fit in the available space. They have fused SAE connectors which I use to connect to my ecoflow river 2s and Delta 2 max as additional batteries via the mppt ports. And there's a fuse on the smart battery sense. I also have an Anderson sb50 connector on each now to connect to my ip22 12/30 (1) battery charger. The smart battery sense provides voltage and temperature, and you can create a ve.smart Bluetooth network to connect it to the ip22. This allows you to enable low temperature protection on the IP22, so it won't attempt to charge when the temp is too low. And it will use the sbs voltage versus what the ip22 detects (not much a difference with the short cable runs I'm using but prob more handy for longer runs with voltage drops over the distance).

Back