diy solar

diy solar

Power supply Will uses in evaluation of LiFePo cells purchased "I got ripped off"

rfguy

In the titled video above Will was evaluating some 105Ah cells he bought from Aliexpress. He is using what looks like a generic power supply with current and voltage controls. Does anyone know what brand/model this is. I don't think since the pack had a BMS that it was specifically a LIFePo charger. Thanks

In the titled video above Will was evaluating some 105Ah cells he bought from Aliexpress. He is using what looks like a generic power supply with current and voltage controls. Does anyone know what brand/model this is. I don't think since the pack had a BMS that it was specifically a LIFePo charger. Thanks

I think he links to it (or a similar one) on his website, I also think that most of these 30v / 10A power supplies sold on AliX and Amazon are the same cheap generic PSU.

@rfguy This is the one you see. I bought one to use on My 24v packs a while back and though it’s only 10a it has done quite well for a budget PSU It’s basically a backup shore charger when needed.
?
3EB374D9-6DC3-4B14-B69C-853198799CCF.png

Those were 120Ah cells by the way, not 105Ah:

Ok, I must be mistaken, do you have a link to the video?
You quoted the video above.
But you have to watch it to see the cells tested as 105Ah or read the comments.
It was fraud by the manufacturers of the "120Ah" battery as they put 105Ah cells in the unit.

Last edited:
You quoted the video above.
But you have to watch it to see the cells tested as 105Ah or read the comments.
I watched the video and read the comments. The poster said:

"In the titled video above Will was evaluating some 105Ah cells he bought from Aliexpress."

I posted the video and pointed out that he was testing 120Ah cells, not 105 Ah cells. Of course, they ended up only being capable of 105Ah. You responded No as if I was wrong. Now you say it was the final result and I should have read the comments? I am confused by your post.

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies and yes I went back to the video yes they were 120ah that tested at 105 and if I had re watched the video I would have seen Will used 3 PS to charge the batteries but later in the video where I clicked in to see the model he had only one sitting on the bench. Anyway thanks !

I got that exact power supply. It's nice to use from my 12 volt system to charge up my 24 I 12 volt charge is a lot quicker because it's pretty much just lights and stuff on it all Heavy loads are on the 24 volt system. An extra 10 amps charging once my other systems. Perfect use of the power supply

Thank you for your replies and yes I went back to the video yes they were 120ah that tested at 105 and if I had re watched the video I would have seen Will used 3 PS to charge the batteries but later in the video where I clicked in to see the model he had only one sitting on the bench. Anyway thanks !
No problem, I wasn't trying to make a big deal about semantics regarding 105 or 120ah. I just just wanted to make it easier to identify the video and tests that Will posted on YT by the actual product. I think MBR misread my post as well, but it's all good.

Back