diy solar

diy solar

PowerURUS 600ah battery bank Help.

Soudek01

I have three 200 ah power urus batteries that aren’t balancing in my travel trailer, and I’m wondering how to fix the issue.

I fully charged each battery prior to connecting them in parallel. Unfortunately, power urus only gave me one 10a charger so that took a few days…

Yesterday, I completed my system by wiring my 100a renogy rover and 1200w solar array to the battery bank. It was sunny and the rover did a great job fully charging each battery according to it’s default li parameters.

See the images. Do I need to tweak parameters?

What do I need to do?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1420.png
    IMG_1420.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1419.png
    IMG_1419.png
    217 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1421.png
    IMG_1421.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 4
How do you have these wired up? Not sure why two batteries are discharging while the first battery showed fully charged and a much higher voltage...

Here are my current charge parameters. Last night the two batteries drained completely but the third one stayed completely full according to the Roy pow fish app…

Does anybody have experience with power urus/rover chargers?

Attachments

• IMG_1431.png
    IMG_1431.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 3
Have you verified battery voltages with a multimeter? Maybe the BMS is reading incorrectly. Also, looks like you don't have a shunt?

There’s a shunt on the negative cable off the battery bank. The shunt is in line with the Roy pow fish findings. Aka, this morning the shunt said 200 amp hours (2 batteries empty, 1 full)…

I have verified voltages with my multimeter (this morning it was around 12.1.)

Basically whole system is just completely ignoring the 3rd (fully charged) battery.

I would guess the battery with the full charge has it's output turned off or disabled for some reason.

Try disconnecting the batteries and measuring their voltage with a multi meter. Also try connecting only the battery that won't discharge to your system and see if your system will discharge and charge that one battery.

Pv girl, good call. No amount of parameters could have fixed this. The battery in question reads low voltages at the terminals despite what the app says. Contacted customer service.

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    819.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1482.png
    IMG_1482.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 2
Back