diy solar

diy solar

Pressure switch for Grudfos SQF & CU200?

zzrider

I'm going to be installing a Grundfos 11SQF-2 with a CU200 controller.

Input power will be 120V from the inverter of an off-grid system.

I want to pump to a conventional domestic pressure tank, with the pump switched on/off by a pressure switch

The CU200 has input terminals to connect a tank level switch, and I'm trying to figure out if I can use these contacts and just connect to a normal 40/60 pressure switch.

Amybody else using an SQF with a pressure switch?

You don't need the CU200 unless you want it for monitoring. You could wire it like a conventional well pump switched by the pressure switch. With the CU200 you will need your pressure switch to provide at the input:

High water level: Contact is closed.
Low water level: Contact is open.

Which is opposite of the standard way well pump switches are wired.

You don't need the CU200 unless you want it for monitoring. You could wire it like a conventional well pump switched by the pressure switch. With the CU200 you will need your pressure switch to provide at the input:

High water level: Contact is closed.
Low water level: Contact is open.

Which is opposite of the standard way well pump switches are wired.
Thanks, pvgirl! I had seen other discussions about the CU200 not being necessary and I had wondered if it was possible to just wire the SQF directly with a conventional pressure switch.

This begs the question - just how important are the "monitoring functions" of the CU200? I already bought the thing and I hate to think that was for nought. I know Grundfos stuff is supposed to be excellent equipment, but their documentation leaves much to be desired.

"just how important are the "monitoring functions" of the CU200?"

Not important at all. Nothing you can't do with a clamp on AC/DC meter.

Not to mention that the CU200 is waaaaayyyy overpriced...

When I set my SQFLEX back in 2008, I built my own control box using analog meters. All DC direct from panels. See attached. (The mA scales to A with a low value shunt resistor). You can see all kinda useful info with the analog meters that you can't see with digital displays. I have since added a wind-up spa timer so I can dial in a specific amt. of pump time and not overflow my storage tanks. The well is 800 ft. away from them and I am too lazy to cobble together a wireless link and a float switch to do it automatically.

Total cost about $100 +/-.

Attachments

• pumpbox_1.jpg
    pumpbox_1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 3
  • pumpbox_2.jpg
    pumpbox_2.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 3
Back