diy solar

diy solar

Prismatic Cells orientation

burgerking

Is it OK to orient prismatic cells on their sides, and stacked on top of each other like this below?

1654490145138.png
(photo from SolarEngineering)

Is there any adverse effect putting them on their sides as against standing upright?

I do worry seeing a big stack of cells, the load on the bottom units is pretty big, not much fear of them swelling though.
According to EVE documentations, it can be placed under 300kgf clamp.
Stacking 8pcs will exert 7 pcs x 5kg = 35kg of force on top of the bottom piece.

1654499005202.png

Terminals up is always a good default.
I agree... its just that, stacking them up takes much less space and a cleaner install.

According to EVE documentations, it can be placed under 300kgf clamp.
Stacking 8pcs will exert 7 pcs x 5kg = 35kg of force on top of the bottom piece.

View attachment 97431

I agree... its just that, stacking them up takes much less space and a cleaner install.

I don't see how this relates to your question. This is about clamping force for improved cycle life. It says nothing about orientation.

I don't see how this relates to your question. This is about clamping force for improved cycle life. It says nothing about orientation.
According to the context of my 1st paragraph on my previous post: I was replying to crossy's comment "the load on the bottom units is pretty big" and answered that the load is only 35kg which is far below the "300kg clamping force for improved cycle life".

Looking at the photo in the OP I would be much more concerned with the apparent proximity of the cell terminals to the metal containment.

I'd be sliding some 3mm acrylic into that gap "just in case".

Hi,
for a specific build (RV use) i need "B" or "C" orientation, is it ok ?

Attachments

• Différents agencements possible 4xEVE230Ah.jpg
    Différents agencements possible 4xEVE230Ah.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 10

diy solar

diy solar
Back